General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Boots--Best Place to Buy

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 06:30 PM
dfndr
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Boots--Best Place to Buy

Just got back from a three hour trip to Stompers Boot Shop in San Francisco. Great shop and great, honest people to work with. Well worth the trip. They have tons of boots in stock, new and used, and almost all I saw were American made. Wesco, Chippewa, Carolina and some specialized ones like cop boots of every kind. They will even take your old boots on consignment.

I tried every boot I thought I'd like from my Internet shopping and ended up with something that I love but never even thought of. I have the Wesco lace-ups. I see now why they cost so much and why so many people swear by them. There was no pressure to buy any particular boot and they let me try on every boot I thought I may like. You can do the same and you'll know when you get those "right" ones, whichever brand or style they may be. A very nice way to buy something you'll be living with for a long time.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:07 PM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 88 Posts

Great that you found an old school personal shop.
I like my Redwings. They do the same kind of thing.

Last edited by deadman77; 06-16-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:00 PM
stevieg
Road Warrior

Red Wings for me too. My work boots and my riding boots.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:07 PM
IronWright
Road Captain

boulet.....

Old 06-16-2012, 09:36 PM
dfndr
Road Master

Yeah, certainly not saying there's only one kind of good boots. Just really pleased with the boots and buying experience I had today.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:25 PM
astark
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Based in part on this thread review on the visit to Stompers, I just called them after looking at Wesco boots on line. It was 7:00pm here in Arkansas and I didn't expect them to answer, but they did and I got the owner Ken.

I was really treated well, this guy knows his boots, and he shared everything I needed to know, without pressuring for a sale, so that I could make an informed decision.

I have researched and found they have the best price on Wesco boots, with their discount codes and special promotions coming up, some big bucks can be saved.

But what impressed me the most was the service I received over the phone, and I highly recommend anyone considering a new pair of Wesco to give them a call, if you can not visit their store.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:31 PM
blackbear
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Red wings I won't strap anything else to my feet.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:37 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,082 Likes on 1,909 Posts

Waited 50 years to get Redwings, got the Irish Setter and get home, read inside of boot, and abought fell over! "made in China"

Old 07-07-2012, 11:04 PM
blindrocket
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Currently wearing a pair of Frye's harness boots. Most comfortable boot right out of the box I've ever had. One day I'd like to try on a pair of Wesco's and see for myself why they get the high praise.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:11 PM
jimharvey1
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get all my boots from http://www.leatherup.com. They have some REALLY nice boots for REALLY LOW prices. The XElement boots that I have now are pretty heavy but are the EXACT SAME BOOT that I saw at the local HD dealership only with the HD nametag screwed to the heel. Oh yeah... and for all http://www.leatherup.com purchases over $90, there's free shipping. And if you use the discount code 55633 at checkout, it takes 10% off the total order.

Quick Reply: Best Boots--Best Place to Buy