Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Vibration Problem

Old 11-28-2006, 04:14 PM
rkillpartrick
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna Vibration Problem

Howdy,

I own a 2006 Dyna Super Glide and having a vibration issue with it. Since buying the bike the front head light came loose so the dealer replaced the back shell. At about 2000 miles the front fender cracked at the rivets. The bike now has 5000mi on it and the second fender is starting to crack in the same place. I feel the bike has an excessive vibration issue with it. I took it back to the dealer and a factory rep took it for a ride and said everything seemed to operating fine. I feel the vibration exist all the way through the gears but smooths out a little better at higher rpm's. I also have ghosting going on in the mirrors at all speeds. This is my first Harley and other experienced riders tell me the Dynas vibrate at idle but should smooth out once the bike starts moving and definately should not have ghosting going on in the mirros. The only changes I made to the bike was installing screaming eagle pipes and air filter, all done through the dealer, yes the fuel remap was done also. This was done at about 3000mi and I feel the vibration is a little less evident, but not much. Does anyone have ideas, advise, or similar problems?

Thanks
Russ

Old 11-28-2006, 05:22 PM
Helix
Tourer
Default RE: Dyna Vibration Problem

Hi,
I have a 2007 and although there is a small amount of vibes on the bike its not excessive by any means . One persons views of smooth may be different form yours. I came off a Sportster so the Dyna feels " Smooth " , having said that there is a mechanical feel to the Bike. I also find that it depends on my gear/speed combo. My bob is smooth as glass at the following speed-gears:

2: 30 mph
3: 40 mph
4: 52+ mph
5: 60
6 : 68- 72 mph

On my sportster I couldnt even make out what was in my mirrors. On the Bob theres minor blurring but when I reach the above combos the images become clear in the mirrors and I feel no Vibes. Heres a few liks to a dyna thread that shows Motor mount issues but I wasnt aware of any 06 having them. I hope it works out for you!

http://www.*****************/forums/sh...ight=vibration

http://spotks.blogspot.com/

The 2nd has pictures

Old 11-28-2006, 05:26 PM
Dan B
Cruiser

Got a 06 sg myself.
Mine also had lots of vibrations from start (foot vibrated of the peg).

With some adjustments to the VE and timing tabels the bike runs really smooth now.
IMHO a good tuning/some tuning can really transform the bike. The SE race tuner is one of the best "tools" I´ve bought for the bike.

/Dan

Old 11-28-2006, 05:27 PM
PowerCobra98
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Check your motor mounts. You may have a broken front or rear mount. They may be loose if not broken. Check the top mount under the tank as well as it could be loose. You should not be having the vibrations to the extreme that you are mentioning.

Old 11-28-2006, 08:01 PM
Biggol
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Helix

Hi,
I have a 2007 and although there is a small amount of vibes on the bike its not excessive by any means . One persons views of smooth may be different form yours. I came off a Sportster so the Dyna feels " Smooth " , having said that there is a mechanical feel to the Bike. I also find that it depends on my gear/speed combo. My bob is smooth as glass at the following speed-gears:

2: 30 mph
3: 40 mph
4: 52+ mph
5: 60
6 : 68- 72 mph

On my sportster I couldnt even make out what was in my mirrors. On the Bob theres minor blurring but when I reach the above combos the images become clear in the mirrors and I feel no Vibes. Heres a few liks to a dyna thread that shows Motor mount issues but I wasnt aware of any 06 having them. I hope it works out for you!

http://www.*****************/forums/sh...ight=vibration

http://spotks.blogspot.com/

The 2nd has pictures
I've seen a lot of really helpful posts and replies on this forum - but Helix, this has to be one of the top 10. Excellent job.

Also - if you "quote" the original post, you can see the forums without the ***

Old 11-29-2006, 01:33 AM
Helix
Tourer

Thx Big! Just tryin to help when I can

Old 11-29-2006, 02:13 AM
wlbowers
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 97 Likes on 40 Posts

ORIGINAL: rkillpartrick

Howdy,

I own a 2006 Dyna Super Glide and having a vibration issue with it. Since buying the bike the front head light came loose so the dealer replaced the back shell. At about 2000 miles the front fender cracked at the rivets. The bike now has 5000mi on it and the second fender is starting to crack in the same place. I feel the bike has an excessive vibration issue with it. I took it back to the dealer and a factory rep took it for a ride and said everything seemed to operating fine. I feel the vibration exist all the way through the gears but smooths out a little better at higher rpm's. I also have ghosting going on in the mirrors at all speeds. This is my first Harley and other experienced riders tell me the Dynas vibrate at idle but should smooth out once the bike starts moving and definately should not have ghosting going on in the mirros. The only changes I made to the bike was installing screaming eagle pipes and air filter, all done through the dealer, yes the fuel remap was done also. This was done at about 3000mi and I feel the vibration is a little less evident, but not much. Does anyone have ideas, advise, or similar problems?

Thanks
Russ

The Dyna has a natural vibration that will fall in the 2500 to 3000 range depending on the gear you are in.

I hit a pothole and things got worse. They adjusted the motor mounts. There have been reports of defective motor mounts. Have them checked.

Old 11-29-2006, 03:19 AM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the motor mounts (especially front).

Engine alignment (there is a procedure for this)

Belt tension (too loose or tight)

02 sensors (they may be bad)

ECM (have dealer check out the map)

Injectors (some bikes don't do well with the 8 degree type)

Trans bearings.

Depends which of the above could be creating the problem.

Does it vibrate that bad all the time, intermittently, certain RPMs or speeds, etc.????

DougJ

Old 11-29-2006, 03:32 AM
Z
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

Harleys vibrate.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:51 AM
bronk
Road Master

Mine had junk front motor mounts in int.Replaced at 1800 miles under warranty.Was like night and day riding it after they replaced it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dyna Vibration Problem