Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Fairing Lowers on Road King Classic

Old 07-07-2012, 05:31 PM
PowerFactor
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Installed Fairing Lowers on Road King Classic

Good evening gentlemen (and ladies),

I just installed a set of vented fairing lowers on my Road King Classic. Aside from the radio, I think those are what I missed most from my Ultra (last bike). They are the eBay knock offs, but at $350 shipped (and painted vivid black with mounting hardware included), I couldn't resist giving them a shot. A mini review:

Fit/finish: Excellent fit, no problems here. And installation couldn't have been easier. The included quick detatch hardware was literally 3 hand tightened bolts for each side. Could they be removed and stolen just as fast? No doubt. The finish is totally decent. Not quite up to Harley paint quality, but unless you are inspecting them with a magnifying glass up close, I doubt anyone would find anything to worry about. They seem to be made well. They are ABS and the company claims that they use the same process as Harley to make them.

Ride Test: Great results. My glasses no longer feel like they are being blown up off my face, and there is far less leg fatigue when blasting along the super-slab. They did everything that I wanted them to. Is it hotter on the legs when moving slower? Absolutely. Although being quick detatch, if I ever wanted them off, it would be easy. It was 95 today and I noticed, but it didn't bother me. That being said, I'll be the first to admit that I'm probably the wrong guy to ask, because I'm wearing a winter coat when it's below 70. I used to ride year round when I lived up north, but I was always running heated gear.

Looks: I love the look of any touring bike with lowers. I think it balances the big *** rear end. Your opinion may vary. See my crappy cell phone photos below.

Hope this helps anyone on the fence. I couldn't recommend them enough, especially for the price. I've seen them on eBay for $300 - $515 from various distributors. Though, if I was going to spend $515, I'm just order the official Harley set from one of the online 20% discounters. They are made by an outfit called "Fairing Factory" (http://fairingmegausa.com/). I've heard of them doing $300 pre-sales before they do a new manufacturing run, but you need to call them to reserve yours. Not sure if that includes the hardware.

Ride safe,
James (PowerFactor)

Attached Thumbnails Installed Fairing Lowers on Road King Classic-20120707_172311.jpg   Installed Fairing Lowers on Road King Classic-20120707_172321.jpg  
Old 07-07-2012, 06:10 PM
In2It
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good on the King

Old 07-07-2012, 06:15 PM
07glidemike
Novice

Looking for some for my bike. Good info

Old 07-07-2012, 06:27 PM
HeyYou
Cruiser

I like it. Very nice.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:37 AM
Big E1
Tourer

Great review and advice very helpful. I have been thinking of doing the same thing and now I will.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Doc o
Cruiser

I'm glad you like them, they look good.
Keep a close eye on the area where the vent bolt to the main body.
They break!
Just a heads up.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:30 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 191 Posts

They look great on your scoot. I've been watching vented lowers on ebay for 6 months. I've yet to see a set sell for less then 480.00 not including shipping. I'll pick up a set when I can score a deal.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:25 PM
DABB
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Any better pictures? I am really considering this for my 08 RKC. A picture with the windshield off would be great.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:50 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

They look good on your bike. I got a set of the same lowers last month from Fairing Factory on a pre run sale. Got them for 350 with the magnitic doors and quick detach hardware the same ones were selling on e bay for 469. So far I'm very happy with the quality and look and I'd recommend them.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Where do they ship from?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installed Fairing Lowers on Road King Classic