Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ward's Parts Werks

Old 07-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Steel Wheels
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 167 Posts
Default Ward's Parts Werks

Received the cooling fans today, and after chores decided to get the install done. For those not familiar with this product, you can read this thread -https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/713596-built-the-best-engine-cooling-system-again.html or check out his website -http://www.wardspartswerks.com/products.html

The kit is fairly comprehensive, with fans, fasteners and a familiarization sheet included. Everything is well protected in bubble wrap and arrived with no damage. Fit and finish were very good, right down to the wire harness. There's only 2 wires to attach to the battery and they're sleeved in heat shrink tubing, so there were no issues with routing/passthroughs.

Tools required were minimal - 3/8", 1/2", and 10mm sockets, a couple of wire ties, side cutters, and some dielectric grease for the terminals.

Total install time was under an hour, and I'm finicky.

First impressions were that these things are a lot quieter than I thought they would be, and that for their size they move an appreciable amount of air.

No time to ride tonight, but I'll post back after a few days with updates.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:05 PM
skydude426
Club Member
Received 385 Likes on 221 Posts

I have them on my '12 ultra. Well made and work great!

Old 07-31-2012, 01:08 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Same here after one month running them. Thumbs up.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Steel Wheels
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 167 Posts

Quick update. I've made some 40 min. runs in 90 degree temps, and usually when checked, the cyl. head temp at the rear will read upwards of 310.

I'm starting the fans a few minutes after a cold start and leaving them on. When checked over the last couple of days, the highest recorded was 262 after letting it idle for a minute in the garage while I grabbed my temp gun. On average the temp is showing 220-230 - quite an improvement over stock, and certainly better than any improvement I saw after adjusting my fuel ratios down to 13.7 to 1.

I'm going to bump my afr's back up to 14.1 to regain some mileage and monitor the head temps to see if there's any rise in numbers.

Needless to say, so far I'm impressed. One more side note - I haven't noticed any heat being blown onto my leg from these units, and that's been a pleasant surprise.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Jason has designed a system that is head and shoulders above anything else you can buy out there. Nothing on the market compares to these things.
And once it's all said and done and they are installed they honestly look like they are supposed to be there. Like there were born there. I couldn't be happier with mine. I leave them running while in the city during the stop and go when I can't get the bike above 30mph for any length of time. I can't hear them run whatsoever.
Cheers Jason

Old 08-01-2012, 10:57 PM
HD Jim
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the FCS on my SG and I know that it goes help.. alot in keeping those temps down and later this week; I will be putting the HD Premium Oil Cooler on and will order one of Jason's T-sats for even more cooling.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:08 PM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

I received mine 2 weeks ago, but I'm unable to use it on either of my bikes. It won't mount on my 2012 SG because of the Procharger and on my 2010 SG I have a Mini Beast Air Horn.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:18 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by aviscomi
I received mine 2 weeks ago, but I'm unable to use it on either of my bikes. It won't mount on my 2012 SG because of the Procharger and on my 2010 SG I have a Mini Beast Air Horn.
Looking at the Procharger in pictures, I can't see a clear way for you to mount either, but with the mini beast, will it not mount close to where the OEM horn was, what are the issues there? I'd be interested in knowing because I've been considering getting a mini beast, and I have the cooling fans also.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:28 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by dbell66253
Looking at the Procharger in pictures, I can't see a clear way for you to mount either, but with the mini beast, will it not mount close to where the OEM horn was, what are the issues there? I'd be interested in knowing because I've been considering getting a mini beast, and I have the cooling fans also.
It won't mount due to the width of the Mini Beast is wider than the length of the arms that hold the fans.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:44 AM
scottdoege
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI. I mounts perfectly with a chrome wolo horn.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ward's Parts Werks