General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Langlitz Leathers

Old 08-20-2012, 04:10 AM
FricFrac
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Langlitz Leathers

grew up in Portland town and always wanted a set of langlitz riding leathers. Good as they say? Worth the 2500.00? What's some other riding gear?

Old 08-20-2012, 08:24 AM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I picked up a Langlitz jacket from their shop on Division. Not a custom-made one, but they have quite a few leathers in the shop to sell, new as well as used. Plenty of selection in all sizes. Got it for about the same as a new Schott or the like would cost.

For that price, yes, it was worth it to me. I have a Fox Creek that has vents, liner, hood/helmet liner, and the Langlitz doesn't have any of those features. What you get is very, very high quality leather and incredibly sturdy construction and exceptional quality. The Langlitz leather will come shiny, smooth, and stiff. Get their proprietary conditioner and work it in right away. That helps with break-in and weatherproofing. Fox Creek leather is very heavy, very good, but is not smooth--you see the grain. And it comes with an already broken-in kind of feel. I like both equally.

Whether Langlitz is worth the full-custom price to you is up to you. But I doubt if they have a dissatisfied customer anywhere. Nice folks, all bikers themselves.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:55 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't doubt they're good, but I'm not paying $1,000+ for a jacket and I don't have much use for leather pants - are you going to wear the same pants every day?

Old 08-20-2012, 10:56 AM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 377 Posts

Foxcreek has a lifetime guarantee, great quality and great service

Old 08-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Northern Cowboy
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I decided to treat myself last year. Best jacket I have ever had. Expensive, but I would do it again - even if I had to switch noodles for steak at dinnertime so that I could afford it.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by purpledeuce
Foxcreek has a lifetime guarantee, great quality and great service
I'm on my second Langlitz in 47 years. Go down to Division street,get measured,have 'em build it. No better motor jacket made,period.About 1300 starting price for jackets,800 for pants. Anything else is second rate.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:49 PM
bmorebhoy
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, they're worth it.
I have a jacket and pants for in the winter.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:07 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Not sure I'd want to spend over a grand on a leather. I wear one just a few months out of the year and have bought some good quality pre owned ones on ebay for $100 or so. I have a FoxCreek as well and now think I overspent on that and will sell it soon. Last year I bought a Legendary USA leather on ebay (worn only two times according to the owner) for $150. Looked it up and it's a $500 jacket new. Just as heavy as the Fox Creek and great quality. Can't beat that!

Just discovered these guys too. Seems like they have a good reputation although I have any first hand experience with their products. Worth checking out. A Mexican family business, made in the USA. Been around since 1971. Good prices too.
https://espinozasleather.com
https://espinozasleather.com

Old 08-20-2012, 10:59 PM
FricFrac
6th Gear
Cool Thx

Originally Posted by brenn
I don't doubt they're good, but I'm not paying $1,000+ for a jacket and I don't have much use for leather pants - are you going to wear the same pants every day?
If you've never had em then wtf do you have to say. Didn't ask if your cheap *** could afford leathers or maybe you ride in the heat all the time.. I don't and you wear your clothes under your gear. What ever it is.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:07 PM
FricFrac
6th Gear
Thumbs up Thx

Originally Posted by Northern Cowboy
I decided to treat myself last year. Best jacket I have ever had. Expensive, but I would do it again - even if I had to switch noodles for steak at dinnertime so that I could afford it.
What I was thinking.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Langlitz Leathers