Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slip on exhaust removal/install fxdwg

Old 03-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Jason32mn
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slip on exhaust removal/install fxdwg

Just installed rush slip ons today and wanted to pass on some advice. When removing the old slip on section of the pipes the bottom comes off pretty easy however the top is nearly impossible. However if you simply remove the part that supports the exhaust (a little bracket with 2 nuts and one bolt) the top comes off just as easy as the bottom because it allows you to twist the pipe. There are lots of posts on the full install but no one mentioned anything about this. Just thought it might save someone the hour I just wasted on it.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:29 PM
wisewoody
Intermediate

Thanks for the post. I am looking at putting the Rush slip ons on our 2012 wide glide. I see a lot of people removing the Cat coverter. How do you like the sound? Any other mods. AC / Fuel tuner?

Thanks,

Old 03-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Jason32mn
4th Gear

No other performance mods. I got the 2" baffle slip ons and they sound great might be a little loud for some but they have a great deep growl to them. I had thought about the breather etc for mods but don't want to pay the dealer for the dyno.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:22 PM
wisewoody
Intermediate

We have the rush pipes on our other two bike and really like the sound of them. The quality is good and the finish has held up great. I just wasn't sure on the new bikes. I read a couple people saying they put the slip ons on and it didn't make that big of difference. They say it is due to the Cat Converter??? All I know is it made a big difference on our other bikes and we love the sound. Not too loud, but you can still make them bark when you get on it. Ride safe and maybe I pass you some time on our Minnesota roads.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Jason32mn
4th Gear

The cat converter was not changed on mne and they made a huge huge difference. best of luck and stay safe

Old 03-12-2012, 07:51 AM
offshore
Cruiser
Default Slip on's

How's the sound? what size did you get I'm thinking of putting 2 1/4 on my wide glide

Old 10-02-2012, 08:41 PM
prattbratt
Advanced

I just bought a set of 2.25" Rush slip ons from another HDForums member. Put them on tonight and, WOW! what a difference. They sound great, although when I have the bike in the garage, it shakes the whole house (or so I am told by my wife and kids)

Jason32mn: THANK YOU so much for the tip to take off the bracket. That saved me an hour of profuse sweating and swearing. Once the bracket is off, you can twist the mufflers, which makes it a LOT easier to remove them.

BTW - my bike is a 2013 Wide Glide, so the catalytic converter is in the head pipe. I had e-mailed Rush and they recommended 2.25" instead of 2" due to the additional restriction and sound muffling from the catalytic converter. As far as I'm concerned, the sound is perfect. Not obnoxious at idle or low RPM, but you can hear it when you roll on the throttle. Very pleased with them so far.