Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna solo tour pack rack?

Old 07-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Dyna solo tour pack rack?

I'd love to do a tour pack on my Dyna (FXRT style) but I need it to be on a solo rack so it can do double duty as a backrest. I talked to Jackyl about possibly doing this but in the meantime, anyone know of anything that will work for a 2002 Dyna? PS it has to be black. I can powder coat it but would rather buy something already good to go. If I could only weld. We have all the equipment here but I have no metal working skills (as of yet).

Old 07-27-2012, 02:18 PM
xantasm
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hogpro
If I could only weld. We have all the equipment here but I have no metal working skills (as of yet).
Ummm sounds like a great time to learn. Grab a mig welder and some square or round stock and start learning to weld. Find a quick detach sissy bar and use it as a template to cut out the side plates. Then decided if you want square or round stock for your bar and take some measurements as to how far forward or back you want it to sit. Then draw up some blue prints on how you want your tour pak mount plate to attach to the bar.

Jakyl's setup uses a half box design mount plate welded to side bars that fit into the QD plates all powder coated for extra measure. Friend of mine locally has one and we looked at it quite a bit cause the one complaint he has is that it sits more forward than he'd like making two up riding pretty uncomfortable.

My suggestion would be using regular QD side plates as a template, redraw it so that the side bars for the sissy bar fit farther back than stock so when the half box tour pak mounting plate is added on its sitting a couple of inches farther back. I am sure Jakyl's design was done so that he didn't have to make and use new side plates thus raising the cost of the tour pack.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Yeah, that would be great if i ever find the time to do so. I was thinking that using the sissy bar brackets and welding some stock off the front portion as well and then a falt platform for the tourpack. I am still wondering how much stuff I can carry on the bike if
I have a tourpack. I think groceries might be in the cards then too which would be nice. We'll see if Jackyl has time to figure something our while he is on vacation in a few weeks.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:54 PM
HDCustomFabrication
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are in the process of developing an adjustable tourpak mount, one that can be easily adjusted from solo to 2up riding.

If anyone has any ideas before we finalize design, I would appreciate hearing them.
We want to make sure we meet the needs of the market as much as possible.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:16 PM
HDCustomFabrication
Banned

We have the adjustable tour pack setup available now. Nice setup, no tools required to go from solo to 2up or visa-verse. Just need your sissy bar width to build the right one for your bike.
Available in our online store or from our ebay store.
We do sell worldwide for those out of the states.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:34 PM
mrnone
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

was building this out of staniless.

then This fell in my lap

so it is now a tour pak mount
remove 4 bolts and I can still haul **** on it

Old 12-11-2012, 03:21 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

really dig that!!!

Old 12-11-2012, 03:27 PM
HDCustomFabrication
Banned

Originally Posted by JRK5892
really dig that!!!
Just waiting for your order Joe...I will even give you a discount for raw finish...lol

Old 12-11-2012, 03:29 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

i like the sound of that! but i just sold my touring set up for my dyna... maybe ill hit you up for something like that for my V strom adventure bike though!!!

Old 12-11-2012, 03:36 PM
HDCustomFabrication
Banned

Originally Posted by JRK5892
i like the sound of that! but i just sold my touring set up for my dyna... maybe ill hit you up for something like that for my V strom adventure bike though!!!
Should be able to build it for any bike, just need dimensions for the particular mount on your bike. If I knew exactly which bike I could probably take a look at one locally and figure out how to adapt the mount.