Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe ?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 05:53 AM
HIOCTANE
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deluxe ?????

ok, i have rode touring bikes in the past...i sold my Road Glide a couple of years ago after two of my friends were killed within 2 months of each other from dumb people in cages....anyway i am gettin the itch to ride again much to the disapointment of my bride...so i just want something i can putt around the country roads on i am 6'1,240 lbs and like the way the Deluxe looks and found one on CL for sale at a good price..i went yesterday and looked at it, the only problem is leg room...the seat seems to have me pushed forward and my legs stick out 2 to 3 inches past crash bar..will the tall boy seat be the answer or are there any other options...or go to a Road King..i have had a couple of those and wanted to try something different..

Old 01-11-2013, 05:59 AM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Im 6'1" too and went with the Kuryakyn 1"out 1" forward brackets, and that helped a lot. I now also have a barebones seat which puts me even further back.

A seat would help. Might be easier to get the stock seat shaved down from mean city cycles

Old 01-11-2013, 06:27 AM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 215 Posts

I sold my RG and now ride a Deluxe. At first I was felt cramped, but now I like it. I know the seat pushes you way forward. But there are many seat options... maybe Badlander or Heritage?

Old:
New:

Attached Thumbnails Deluxe ?????-fbd6371c.jpg  

Last edited by big papa AZ; 01-11-2013 at 06:31 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:54 AM
steamybob
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm 6'2" and the stock Deluxe position fits me like a glove. I had to get used to my Burly beach bars clonking my knees, but that's now consigned to the memory bank! Go for it - the Deluxe has a lot of plusses (By an ex-Road King owner).

Old 01-11-2013, 06:58 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The deluxe seat is pushed way forward, so you'll probably want to lose it. I recently got the LePera Silhouette solo and love it. Dropped me further down and back.
Could also get forward controls...

Old 01-11-2013, 06:59 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 813 Likes on 799 Posts

Thinking the Lux and Heritage are close in Ergo's and I also am 6'1'' and 280 but I don't have the issue Ur talking about on our Heritage. Maybe Ur legs are longer than mine.?? Or Ur seat has been altered a little.??

We also ride mostly country roads (60%)and State HW's (20%) of the yr while I do one or two long trips a yr with our Son the other (20%). We average about 9k a YR of riding.

If U don't mind the leather and spots don't over look a Heritage. For our style of riding it been the best riding/handling/fitting over all of all the bikes I've owned in 47yrs of ridding.
She's great and is the perfect bike IMO for the daily 2-3 hr putt or the 2k trip..
We Love the shield and bags for our daily rides. Wife would be lost without the them.

Last edited by oct1949; 01-11-2013 at 07:01 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:25 AM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

The Deluxe seat pushes you way forward -- you will have to replace it. I am 6' and that seat practically pushes you on the tank. I replaced it with a Maverick Daddly Long Legs and all is good now. I also added Harley Goodie footboard extensions, apes, and highway pegs. Now I can stretch out on the bike. )

SJ Ron

Old 01-11-2013, 09:59 AM
Brent Smith
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

6'2", 230lbs......Found the stock Deluxe cramped also. Installed the Arlen Ness Floorboard extension kit and changed my seat out for a LePera Sonnora.....Never looked bck :-)

Old 01-11-2013, 10:56 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I am only 5'10", 225 and even at that height my seat pushed me a little to far forward for my liking. I then found a VERY rare backrest that was built for the Deluxe and made by Harley. That felt like it even pushed me further forward on the bike. I like my stock seat and I don't want an after market seat on my bike so I am going to get mine re-worked. I am going to have it shaved down about an inch for a lower profile and have a gel insert put in where my tailbone sits. I am told that that should do the trick. If it don't I will have to go to plan B. The only problem with that is, I have yet to figure out what plan B is!!

Old 01-11-2013, 11:08 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Talking

I'm 6' but that doesn't mean squat because I've got short legs. 31" inseam and the stock seat fits me fine.

Quick Reply: Deluxe ?????