General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boss Hoss

Old 12-24-2006, 08:28 PM
yost44
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boss Hoss

Anyone here own or have riden a boss hoss.....just curious...what do ya think of them?

Old 12-24-2006, 08:39 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Boss Hoss

My cousin rode one down at Myrtle beach this summer and he has owned a Harley for 20 plus years now. He said it was the only bike that he would give up his Harley for. Heck he even said he'd consider covering up his Harley tattoo with a Boss Hoss tattoo if he could afford the 40k dollars for one(bike, not the tatt)

Old 12-24-2006, 08:46 PM
Sheldon
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I test rode one out in Sturgis last year. The torque and power is unbelivable two speed automatic transmisson is pretty neat. The one thing I did'nt likewas the amount of heat that big V8 generates, the left side was'nt to bad but it cooks the hell out of your right leg and its pretty damn heavy getting around in a parking lot or a cramped space would be pretty tough.

Old 12-24-2006, 08:48 PM
BigGeorge
Road Captain

The closest I got to a Boss Hoss was at a bike blessing where I parked next to one on the softgrass. Then I got to thinking what if this boehemoth were to fall over on my bike it would do untold damage so I moved my bike to another spot. I actually hung around to see what kind of guy rode one of these bikes and as I had suspected he was a big guy about 6'2' and over 300 lbs. I got to talking to him about the bike and he said it was a 350 chevy with a 4bbl carb and twisting the throttle at 70 mph would break the back tire loose and it would try to come around and pass the front wheel.
He also said it did not get very good gas mileage. Now I hear that you can get a chevy 502 cu in big block in the latest edition of the Boss Hoss. That is just sick. I have a 468 cu in big block in my 3000 lb drag car and it will do a bumper dragging wheelstand and run the 1/4 mile in 10.80 @ 135 mph. I cant imagine that kind of power in a bike frame....................BG

Old 12-24-2006, 09:54 PM
dadofsix
Outstanding HDF Member

Geez, that's not riding, that's just hanging on for dear life.

Old 12-24-2006, 10:27 PM
Bighorse
Road Captain

Never had the opportunity to ride one but looked a few of them over. I'd have one if I could afford it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/20020/DEE449D9288B4EF2919B260A0BABBBD2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-25-2006, 12:09 AM
mcb
Tourer

I heard if you have enough brass between the legs they will smoke the rear tire for a good 1/8 mile!
Never rode one, but have been around them a couple times. The reverse gear is a plus for a vehicle of that weight, guy said it was almost impossible to back it out if there was a little uphill grade.

Old 12-25-2006, 12:15 AM
vegashd
Banned

I think they are ugly, ridiculous and a waste. I have seen a few and know a guy who had one. I just did nto see the novelty.

Old 12-25-2006, 12:24 AM
vegashd
Banned

ORIGINAL: BigGeorge

The closest I got to a Boss Hoss was at a bike blessing where I parked next to one on the softgrass. Then I got to thinking what if this boehemoth were to fall over on my bike it would do untold damage so I moved my bike to another spot. I actually hung around to see what kind of guy rode one of these bikes and as I had suspected he was a big guy about 6'2' and over 300 lbs. I got to talking to him about the bike and he said it was a 350 chevy with a 4bbl carb and twisting the throttle at 70 mph would break the back tire loose and it would try to come around and pass the front wheel.
He also said it did not get very good gas mileage. Now I hear that you can get a chevy 502 cu in big block in the latest edition of the Boss Hoss. That is just sick. I have a 468 cu in big block in my 3000 lb drag car and it will do a bumper dragging wheelstand and run the 1/4 mile in 10.80 @ 135 mph. I cant imagine that kind of power in a bike frame....................BG

That is a very fast MPH for a slow time. You should be 1/2 second quicker with a 135 pass. control that power, and get aquicker 60 foot time and you could be in the nines or close to it. I know alot of cars running 9.8 - 9.9 with a 135 pass. I have seen 4k pound trucks running 10.2 at 130

Old 12-25-2006, 09:01 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

I rode one a few years ago in that search for more power.My 93" Shovel was due to be replaced.I personally thought it was incredible looking,thunderous sound, and more G-force accelleration than you could ever imagine.But! the price was way too high.Now there are big inchV-twins available that will more than give the Boss Hoss a run.and a lot more fun to ride through the twisty's.Not to mention those Big Twins have a sound that will make the hair on the back of your neck stand,and if you build your own machine a lot less expensive.The Boss Hoss is quite a ride and the roll-on torque will sure put a smile on your face.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Boss Hoss