Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaker upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 07:33 PM
mhill0826
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Speaker upgrade

Looking at getting a Hogtunes NCA 70.2 amp and speakers set up, along with a Hogtunes tweeter pod. Keeping stock head unit. I am looking or feedback on a setup like this . I'm looking for better sound on the highway, but I don't need the best system out there. What do you think?

Old 03-28-2013, 07:36 PM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to the Audio section, and look up UltraNutz, he is the wizzard on bike audio systems, you'll get a fair answer.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:20 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 126 Posts

Must be your 1st stereo upgrade if you're thinking about Hogtunes. You can do alot better. If you don't want the best system out there, that's what you'll get with Hogtunes. Maybe the amp's OK, but get different speakers. Look at the Titan II 6.5 upgrade, at biketronics.com

Old 03-29-2013, 05:42 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

The primary benefit of HT kits are they are the closest you will find that are plug and play.

If you are willing to do some simple wiring, there are better products at better prices.

Carl

Old 03-29-2013, 05:47 AM
wheelzk
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Second the Titan II's by biketronics. They have special modules that can make any aftermarket stereo plug and play. It's really simple to change everything out for not a whole lot of money. Those Titan II speakers would be a good choice for just a speaker upgrade. They are 6.5 speakers but come with an adapter ring so they can fit into a batwing style fairing.

Old 03-29-2013, 06:06 AM
ElectraGlideSteve
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 61 Posts

I have the Hogtunes set up that you are referring to.
I'm not an audiophile and am very happy with the Hogtunes speakers and amp.
Plug and play and sounds great for the money.
Can be completely installed and working in an hour or so.
Great techs and customer service.

I believe they are out of stock on the amps right now.
I heard they are doing some upgrades over the winter and the improved amp is available around the first of April.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:30 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Geezr Glidr
Must be your 1st stereo upgrade if you're thinking about Hogtunes. You can do alot better. If you don't want the best system out there, that's what you'll get with Hogtunes. Maybe the amp's OK, but get different speakers. Look at the Titan II 6.5 upgrade, at biketronics.com
Yup, that's exactly what I have. HOWEVER, if you upgrade the front with the Titan 6.5's, then that will make the rears useless, as you won't be able to hear them. Do both front and rear would be my recommendation.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:36 AM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

For the money and ease HT are good, they have good Customer support, but they did not do it for me. I dropped heavy coin and did it right. Good luck in your research and buying I went with

2 6" punch in the fairing
2 6" punch in the lowers
1 hogtunes tweeter Painted to match the inner fairing (flame blue pearl)
2 5 1/2 pucnh tour pack pod speakers
2 punch 6x9's in the lids
2 300 watt 4channel RFG power amps; one in the fairing and one mounted in the tourpack.
Face melting and I love it. Space trucking never sounded so good.

YOu could go much cheaper, I had the money so I did it. Ride safe.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:55 AM
Simonizer
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davidw221
Go to the Audio section, and look up UltraNutz, he is the wizzard on bike audio systems, you'll get a fair answer.
Ditto, UltraNutz knows his stuff.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:10 AM
2011FXDC
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mhill0826
Looking at getting a Hogtunes NCA 70.2 amp and speakers set up, along with a Hogtunes tweeter pod. Keeping stock head unit. I am looking or feedback on a setup like this . I'm looking for better sound on the highway, but I don't need the best system out there. What do you think?
I have the 70.2 rev amp and speakers but not the tweeter pod. Better sound on the highway, definitely. It rocks pretty good to me. A lot of people say there are better systems etc. and I'm sure there are.. Blah blah blah......

Ease of install, price and better than stock is all I was looking for and the HT system fit the bill. You'll get a ton of opinions here but I guess it depends on exactly what you'e looking for. You said you don't need the "best" system so I'd say you'll be happy with HT, I am.

Quick Reply: Speaker upgrade