Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daymaker Headlamp

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 05:13 PM
hunter1jonathan
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daymaker Headlamp

Does anyone know how to install the daymaker headlamp on an electra glide (not a fatbob its different)? I got the stock light out and disconnected. Does the ring with the adjusting screws need taken out? I'm assuming the one that came with the light needs to go in, but dosen't seem right.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:06 AM
brockb961
Novice

Just did mine yesterday. Yes, you take off the old adjusting ring and replace it with the new one from the kit. Just make sure to orient it the same way as the old one. Then install the new light with the existing retaining ring and do the alignment.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:21 AM
hunter1jonathan
Novice

Thank you very much for the reply. I got the LED installed completely! I might add incase anyone else searches this, both rings that sit behind the stock light have to come out. Before any new parts are put into the fairing there will be nothing in the fairing hole except the plug. Everything fits perfectly.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:25 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by hunter1jonathan
Thank you very much for the reply. I got the LED installed completely! I might add incase anyone else searches this, both rings that sit behind the stock light have to come out. Before any new parts are put into the fairing there will be nothing in the fairing hole except the plug. Everything fits perfectly.
what's the deal with the HD version of this light and the rings, etc.

According to JW Speaker (manufacturer of daymaker) all I need to do to replace my stock headlamp with the JW Speaker version is take out my old headlamp and put in the new one, plug it in and I'm done.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:44 AM
TVagee
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
what's the deal with the HD version of this light and the rings, etc.

According to JW Speaker (manufacturer of daymaker) all I need to do to replace my stock headlamp with the JW Speaker version is take out my old headlamp and put in the new one, plug it in and I'm done.
The adjuster ring for the stock headlght is to small in the back, so you have to replace it with the one that comes with the light.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:55 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

good to know thank you TVagee. Does anyone know if this adjuster ring is available outside of the light purchase? It's really gonna suck if I get this JW Speaker 8700 Evolution light (same as the HD light but cost less and has a better warranty) and it won't fit and can't buy this adjuster ring. JW Speaker assured me there would be no fitment issues on the HDs so I ordered it at $374 shipped

Old 04-01-2013, 10:22 AM
hunter1jonathan
Novice

The new adjuster ring comes with the Headlight. There are a bag of washers that came with it, but have no idea why they are needed. The screws take some torque to put back in.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:25 PM
79289Chase
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hunter1jonathan
The new adjuster ring comes with the Headlight. There are a bag of washers that came with it, but have no idea why they are needed. The screws take some torque to put back in.
They are self tapping is why they are tight. They are cutting threads the first time.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Str33tgl1de
Cruiser

Those day maker headlights are really bright make my HID look like a candle.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:51 PM
elfnyc
Road Warrior
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

not sure on other scoots but on the sporty the headlight was easy install - pop old one out an pop new one in - no ring to change or remove -no rubber seaal to change nadda nothing

Quick Reply: Daymaker Headlamp