Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance & Hines fuel pack?

Old 01-07-2007, 08:17 PM
zorro
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vance & Hines fuel pack?

Any good, it's installed on a used bike I just bought with V&H headers and classic mufflers ...?

Old 01-07-2007, 08:23 PM
hd2007
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Vance & Hines fuel pack?

I have one on my 07 , I bought it because the power commander was not out yet for the new bikes. The bike runs a lot better than stock , but I am going to add a p.c. over the winter in the next few weeks. I would recommend going to the Vance and Hines web site to see if there is a update for your settings , they come out with updates from time to time.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Biker_RN48
Tourer

I have seen the Vance & Hines one first. Then somebody told me about the power commander site. Any thoughts on which one might be better or if there are any differences?

Thanks

Old 01-07-2007, 10:48 PM
wnogood
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't tell you from experience, but I have heard very little good about the VH fuel pack as compared to the PCIII and SERT. I have the PCIII and like it. I like the fact that the dyno tuner and myself have no problems modifying the maps in the software. The SERT, is almost as user friendly, and from what I understand, has a greater range of adjustment than the PCIII. The only downside (that I know of) with the SERT is that it takes about twice as long to do a custom map with it as compared to a PCIII.

My suggestion....use whatever your local dyno tuner recommends. Sooner or later, he's gonna be adjusting it for ya'.....

nogood o~`o

Old 01-07-2007, 10:52 PM
jackster007
Advanced

I have the Vance and Hines, but if I were to do it again I think I would go with the Power Commander. From what I have read here and other places the Power Commander gives you more flexibilty to tweak settings. With the Vand H you can use the settings they have or e-mail them and they will give you a program based on the info you provided. It is easy to change, but you never really know exactly what you are changing.
In any case I do feel my bike runs better than when stock.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:16 AM
Retired_Ted
Road Warrior

I don't believe you can dyno tune the fuel pak - that's really the only way to tell what needs adjusting.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:22 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

A Fuel Pak would be my last choice for a FI tuning aid. It is the least user friendly unit out there.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:39 AM
hd2007
Road Warrior

It is a big secret to what the settings mean on the fuel pak , I spoke with customer service several times and they won't tell what they mean , so you are at there mercy for the settings . It can not be tuned by the dyno . I would be interesting to see what the air / fuel ratio is by putting it on a dyno , but as we all know that's expensive , so I am just going go get a p.c. and a dyno tune and be done with it .

Old 01-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I've been running the FuelPak for about four months and am very pleased with it. It's true that the SERT and PCIII have the ability to be fine-tuned by a skilled tuner and dyno, but for simple Stage 1 mods, the FuelPak does a great job. However, V&H does not release the details of their maps, so you are limited to the maps that they publish. Most of what they publish is for V&H pipes and mufflers, and I think if you are going with one of theirs the FuelPak would be a good choice. I'm not particularly interested in trying a lot of different combinations of pipes and intakes, so I think this simple approach works well for someone like me.

The combination that I have - V&H Oval Slip-Ons, SE Stage 1 Intake, and FuelPak - has really improved the throttle response and apparent HP and Torque. The bike runs better than it did in stock configuration, and I am very pleased with my setup.

Old 01-08-2007, 01:30 AM
snow104
Advanced

I just finished installing all my crap tonight.
Better part of the whole day
Dresser duals
Ovals
Fuel pack

I only had time for about 2 miles on my test ride
All seems fine so far
Bike sounds good but I hope the pipes tone down a little at idle as they seat in
I got a couple of studders starting out but no biggie just a small pop the bike might have just been a little cold still
Starting to wander a bit about the injectors I know they are having trouble with some stock ones

Jeff

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vance & Hines fuel pack?