Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daybreaker Headlights ????

Old 07-09-2013, 12:56 AM
twentyways
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daybreaker Headlights ????

I recently bought a 13 road glide custom put the daybreaker headlights on. I keep getting flashed like the lights are too high. I took it to harley and they said its aimed correct but im worried i might catch someone in their eyes on a corner. I mean i see all in the car when they are approaching. If i aim them done will i be losing out on the purpose of the lights? Don't get me wrong i love them they show everything . Any input from someone with them would be appreciated. Im waiting on my 13 cvo road maybe i can compare but until then let me know your experience with them.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:07 AM
brandss
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

I have to say that I haven't had the problem with mine. Lights up the "world" but haven't had people flash me. May need to do a check on the alignment yourself.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:09 AM
twentyways
Cruiser

yeah i think i will

Old 07-09-2013, 01:10 AM
twentyways
Cruiser

Originally Posted by brandss
I have to say that I haven't had the problem with mine. Lights up the "world" but haven't had people flash me. May need to do a check on the alignment yourself.

if your aimed at a wall how many feet up would you say they are to the top of the light line?

Old 07-09-2013, 02:44 AM
03dragonRK
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are being flashed then they are aimed to high. I can see well down the road and have yet to be flashed. Adjust them down yourself a little at a time until you stop being flashed.
Also have you checked the air pressure in your shocks? It is possible you are lowering the rear of the bike which will rase the front when you sit on the bike just high enough to bring the light into oncoming traffics eyes? The tech may have checked the alignment without sitting on it

Old 07-09-2013, 03:57 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,361 Likes on 2,616 Posts

I get flashed occasionally. I like it.

I love my DayMAKERs!

Old 07-09-2013, 05:30 AM
Hex41
Novice

I've been wanting to get the "Daymaker" for awhile now, but the price is a bit much to take. I've told my wife and myself it's a safety thing and the price doesn't matter, but still having a hard time dropping that cash. One day I'll pull the trigger.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:37 AM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice being seen aint it? If they are alligined correctly, let em flash you, they will be alright. I have a PH7 set in my pile of stuff waiting to install on mine, cant wait. Stay safe man.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:48 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,361 Likes on 2,616 Posts

Originally Posted by Hex41
I've been wanting to get the "Daymaker" for awhile now, but the price is a bit much to take. I've told my wife and myself it's a safety thing and the price doesn't matter, but still having a hard time dropping that cash. One day I'll pull the trigger.
Be creative. I sold some take-offs to help offset the cost, and you can get it for 20% off at LSHD1, no tax free shipping. Your safety is worth it.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:54 AM
vegashd
Banned

Originally Posted by my67pnycar6
Nice being seen aint it? If they are alligined correctly, let em flash you, they will be alright. I have a PH7 set in my pile of stuff waiting to install on mine, cant wait. Stay safe man.
My thoughts exactly!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Daybreaker Headlights ????