Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

2014 Colors ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 08:26 PM
JCloud
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 Colors ?

I am ready to buy a 2014 Tri Glide (trading in a beautiful 2011 Black Road King Classic). The issue is color. I am not really wild about any of the five, but I have to get one. I like the sand, but I am not sure that I would not get tired of it after some time and I am also worried about resale on a one-off color. Next is the two tone red... With the exception of black what is the best color for 2014?

Old 09-20-2013, 09:48 PM
Brentwood Bob
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in favor of the Mysterious Red Sunglo/ Blackened Cayenne Sunglo, A very classy and clean look. Good luck on your choice.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:36 PM
TwinCooled
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm partial to Blackened Cayenne Sunglo. It can be many colors depending on the light.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:36 AM
DaveLaBenne
Cruiser

Blackened cayenne is what I got. Wife wanted the big blue pearl and black, but availability was scarce.

Old 09-21-2013, 01:55 PM
JCloud
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DaveLaBenne
Blackened cayenne is what I got. Wife wanted the big blue pearl and black, but availability was scarce.
How do you like the 2014 so far? How is the heat? I test rode one yesterday and it didn't seem as bad as my RKC.
Have you had any issues with the new Tri Glide?
Thanks and the blue is really nice.... any pictures posted?

Last edited by JCloud; 09-22-2013 at 06:07 AM.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:10 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

BBP and Black....best available....

I wish they made one in hot white pearl...that would be badddddddd!

Old 09-23-2013, 10:04 AM
matthewthamm
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Was ready to pull the trigger on the "sand" color. That was until we saw it in person. Not for us. We will be waiting until they get a color we can live with.
+1 on a white one!!

Old 09-23-2013, 11:45 PM
DaveLaBenne
Cruiser

That sand color looked like 2 tone poop! Maybe with a brown mohair seat and curb feelers??? 70's throwback from the mod squad

Old 09-27-2013, 02:05 PM
MackAttack
Cruiser

I ordered the Sand Pearl and Canyon Brown referred to as the two tone poop by one of the posters.

I strongly recommend to go see the colors and look at them outside also. Dealer should have a book with paint chips that you can take outside. Took me a while to see the Sand Pearl and Canyon Brown and the pictures on the web site don't do the paint true justice.

My friend got the two tone red and it is really amazing how the color looks different pending on the sunlight.

Good luck.

Mack

Old 09-27-2013, 03:45 PM
TwinCooled
Banned

Originally Posted by MackAttack
I ordered the Sand Pearl and Canyon Brown referred to as the two tone poop by one of the posters.

I strongly recommend to go see the colors and look at them outside also. Dealer should have a book with paint chips that you can take outside. Took me a while to see the Sand Pearl and Canyon Brown and the pictures on the web site don't do the paint true justice.

My friend got the two tone red and it is really amazing how the color looks different pending on the sunlight.

Good luck.

Mack
Don't take it personal on the color choice, I have seen it and while it was not my choice, if you want a light color it's the only option. I think all the new colors look better in the sun! Least it won't show dirt as much.

Until I saw the blackened cayenne sunglo in person, I didn't think it would be for me either but it comes alive in the sunlight.

BBP is nice but it can almost be overbearing. Enjoy your new trike!

Quick Reply: 2014 Colors ?