General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audio system for Road King

Old 11-24-2013, 12:42 PM
rtbhise
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio system for Road King

I have a 2012 Road King and was wondering what audio system is best for it. Just going to use the handle bar type. I am looking at the Boom Audio from the Harley dealership right now.

Old 11-24-2013, 01:12 PM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

You could try twistedaudioradio.com as a comparison. $600-650 or so. Never actually heard one, just heard of them.

Old 11-24-2013, 01:19 PM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

Check this one out. Saw it and heard it this past summer. I know a few who have bought the system and are happy with it.
http://www.extremecycleradio.com/

Old 11-24-2013, 01:28 PM
dspencer
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the boom audio system for my rk classic. It is the handlebar mount ones and I'm very pleased with them.

Old 11-24-2013, 01:30 PM
gatorlaw
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 398 Likes on 124 Posts

I have the extreme cycle radio. It was OK for the price. If you want one pm and I'll sell you mine.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:22 PM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

See the two big round things at the back of the motorcycle? Under the saddle bags? That's the only system worth a crap on a Harley................................ .................................................. .......................

Old 11-24-2013, 07:18 PM
TracerBullet
Supporter
Received 5,182 Likes on 2,819 Posts

Originally Posted by Twistnride
See the two big round things at the back of the motorcycle? Under the saddle bags? That's the only system worth a crap on a Harley................................ .................................................. .......................
What he said........

Old 11-24-2013, 07:53 PM
Gruamach
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gs34doc
Check this one out. Saw it and heard it this past summer. I know a few who have bought the system and are happy with it.
http://www.extremecycleradio.com/
My wife had this on her Fatboy and really liked it.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:18 PM
Wheels24
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can't help you here...never had a desire for a radio on a bike or in a muscle car. To each his own though... I guess I could see the value if you're riding cross country... Will be curious to see what options are out there.

Last edited by Wheels24; 11-24-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:44 PM
anonymous_1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a thread I started earlier this year. UltraNutz chimed in with some good things to say. Check it out, there is some good info on there.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...diophiles.html

Like I said in the thread I didn't care for the sound quality. The more I listened the less impressed I got. The volume isn't there, and the dynamic sound quality just sucks. Especially for the $400 price tag. UltraNutz suggested I went with the add on system from DD Customs. It is quite a bit pricier around $650 I believe, but it comes with Alpine 6.5" which are pretty good, and a good Alpine amp too. They look good too.

http://www.ddcustomcycle.com/flash.html

Or you could do bag lid speakers. There are a lot of options for that. Especially if you have hard bags. I seen Hogtunes is now offering saddle bag lid speakers now, looks like a good kit but I'd go with a different brand of speakers. Lots of options.

Here is a picture of how I mounted my Boom audio, the install turned out pretty good. The speaker buckets look really good, but they are still a bit hidden on the crash bars which I wanted.

Attached Thumbnails Audio system for Road King-road-king-10.jpg   Audio system for Road King-road-king-6.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audio system for Road King