Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thundermax Auto Tune Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 04:08 AM
The Pawnbroker
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Thundermax Auto Tune Reviews

Could those of you that have this, please give the latest review of how it's working? I did a search and most of the info was at least a few months old. I was planing on installing a PCIII with my Fat Cat's, but now I'm wondering if the Thundermax Auto Tune would be better. Keep in mind that I realize there is a big price difference, so I don't want that to be a factor.

Thanks,

Dave.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Spartan
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thundermax Auto Tune Reviews

I have the TM without the AT and have put about 1500 niles since I installed it. Buying it was one of the best decisions I ever made. You will not be disappointed.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:53 AM
cowboyglide
Banned

Get it. You will not believe how strong your bike will run. 5000 mi on mine and bike runs stronger than I thought it was capable of. Pulls strong from a dead stop all the way through the gears and it pulls like it's in 5th at 60mph when i'm actually in 6th. No pinging at anycorrect rpm in any gear and do decel popping. No heat issues even when it's in the 90's.I did play with the map and richened up some of the settings until I got it just the way I wanted. I had put a PCIII on it when I first got it and there is no comparison to howstrong it ran then and now. Much stronger with the TM. I have the Rinehart TD and SE pro heavy breather performance air cleaner kit.

Old 06-10-2007, 01:12 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy one, and if you do, getit from Bart (Shooter64 on HDF) as he offers a great price and quick shipping. I bought one and have had it installed for about 600 miles now. Easy install, easy to tune, and the logs have even come in handy for me now on two occassions. Best buy part for 2007 without a doubt. If you need help with the install or maps, just hollar!

Old 06-10-2007, 01:14 PM
rallymedik
Intermediate

I am also interested in the T-Max.. I currently am running the Cobra..I am not disapointed in the Cobra, but I am not getting the best MPH I know I should get...If I were to go to the T-Max, I would go with the Auto tune..I haven't looked that hard at my motor..I know I have an 02 sensor on the front cylinder..is there also one on the rear?? It is an 05'. I want this to be a plug n' play set-up and not have to have a "Bung" welded in place..

Currently Iam runningwith the 95" kit, Andrew gear drive, mild head work, 6 speed, Thunder header and the Cobra engine management and it runs good...But I know it could run better with better tuning.

Old 06-10-2007, 01:16 PM
pfd161
Cruiser

Yes agree....have had it for a week....

Bike pulls harder, runs smoother, sounds much better....
Did install Fatcat's and Big Sucker at the same time.

In anther forums I asked this very question...and someone responded they weren't sure if it made the bike run 800 dollars better....
I can say wholeheartedly....YES it does. Buy it. Buy it NOW!!!!! (and from Bart too!)

Dennis

Old 06-10-2007, 01:17 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RallyMedic

I haven't looked that hard at my motor..I know I have an 02 sensor on the front cylinder..is there also one on the rear?? It is an 05'. I want this to be a plug n' play set-up and not have to have a "Bung" welded in place..

You'll need a bung welded into the rear of an older pipe, or a new pipe with 2 fittingssince the auto tune has (2) wide band sensors for the front and rear pipes.

Old 06-10-2007, 02:08 PM
GMarx
Intermediate

Does the T-max require mapping. Will I have to pay to have it put on the Dyno. I'm putting in a 120 engine in my streetglide, with tru-dual exhaust and 2 1/2" baffles in Bassani mufflers.

Old 06-10-2007, 03:52 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just find a canned map close to your setup and it auto tune from there, shooter can help you on that also I'm sure. A ton of maps to chose from all it has to be is reasonable close and the T-Max will take care of the rest in about 50 to 100 miles

Old 06-10-2007, 04:20 PM
barneyz71
Advanced

ORIGINAL: gilbos440rt

Just find a canned map close to your setup and it auto tune from there, shooter can help you on that also I'm sure. A ton of maps to chose from all it has to be is reasonable close and the T-Max will take care of the rest in about 50 to 100 miles
50 to 100 miles? Where did you get this information?

Quick Reply: Thundermax Auto Tune Reviews