Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'Buckhorn' handlebars

Old 07-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Steve6
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'Buckhorn' handlebars

I got a new 07 FXST a couple of months ago and like it a lot. My last bike was an 87 FXSTC (sold in 93).

I remember the buckhorn handlebars on my '87 as being a little more comfortable than the bars on my current bike, but it's been 14 years since I rode the '87 so I could be mistaken. I think I will try switching bars as long as it doesn't get too complicated.

Does anyone know if the stock cable length is compatable with the buckhorns? It looks like the buckhorns are a little shorter than the 07 stock bars and I don't think I'll need to change anything else.

Any info appreciated. Thanks

Old 07-02-2007, 09:12 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: 'Buckhorn' handlebars

If they are within an inch or two of the bars you haveI don't think you'll have any problems. But if you want to play a little detective you can figure the exact difference between them.
See if you canfigure out the part number for your present bars and the ones you want. If you can get those numbers Harley has a size chart on their accessories web site that shows the overall dimentions of all their bars. Use that to determine if the rise, pull back, and width add up to the same thing or close. If they do you know they should fit. Don't forget to add the risers into the equation.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:19 AM
Steve6
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't know about the size chart.

Thanks

Old 07-02-2007, 09:31 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Sometimes its a pain in the butt to find because its actually a sub page of sorts.
Anyway here's a link to it so you don't have to dig for it.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/pna/p...bmLocale=en_US

I suggest you print out a copy of it or save the link to your favorites so you don't have to go digging for it again.

Good Luck and let me know how you make out, I'm interested ingetting rid of the mini apes on my Custom because they bother me on longer rides and the older Buckhorn styled bars my be a good option for me.