Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Lowrider, have an alarm question.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:58 PM
CCPD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Lowrider, have an alarm question.

I just picked up my 2007 FXDL yesterday (Yea Me!) and purchased the Harley smart alarm system with Siren II. I have the alarm system and siren installed and I have the TSSM married to the ECM and the bike starts and runs fine, but the alarm does not activate. Is the fob key that comes with the TSSM not assigned to it? Do I still need to go to a dealership to get the fob key assigned in order for the alarm to start arming? If anyone can shed light on this matter I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chris

Old 07-20-2007, 04:28 PM
jimsreddyna
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: New Lowrider, have an alarm question.

When you turn off the ignition switch you should see the turn signals flash 2 times and the siren will chirp twice. The siren runs on it's own LI battery and on mine it took a few days of riding before the siren battery charged up enough to make the chirp. Watch for the front turn signals to flash a couple of seconds after you turn it off.

Old 07-20-2007, 04:51 PM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 368 Likes on 145 Posts

This is for an 06 but I would guess they would be the same.

Key FOB Assignment

1. Set run/off switch to Off
2. Turn Ign key ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON
3. Press LEFT turn switch 2 times and release
4. Press RIGHT turn switch 1 time and release
5. Press LEFT turn switch 1 time and release
6. Press and hold key FOB button until confirmation is received
7. If you have two key fobs, press and button on second key fob until confirmation is received
8. Turn IGN key off.

For the above to work you cannot have any gaps of more then 10 seconds between steps. Hope this helps.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:32 PM
CCPD
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Blaster

This is for an 06 but I would guess they would be the same.

Key FOB Assignment

1. Set run/off switch to Off
2. Turn Ign key ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON
3. Press LEFT turn switch 2 times and release
4. Press RIGHT turn switch 1 time and release
5. Press LEFT turn switch 1 time and release
6. Press and hold key FOB button until confirmation is received
7. If you have two key fobs, press and button on second key fob until confirmation is received
8. Turn IGN key off.

For the above to work you cannot have any gaps of more then 10 seconds between steps. Hope this helps.
Mine doesn't have the button for me to press as the alarm I have is the new smart alarm for the 07's.

ORIGINAL: jimsreddyna
When you turn off the ignition switch you should see the turn signals flash 2 times and the siren will chirp twice. The siren runs on it's own LI battery and on mine it took a few days of riding before the siren battery charged up enough to make the chirp. Watch for the front turn signals to flash a couple of seconds after you turn it off.
The turn signals do not flash when I turn the vehicle off and the red key light does not flash showing the bike is armed after I turn the ignition off and set the vehicle on its stand.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:05 PM
CCPD
Cruiser

I am thinking the alarm will not activate untill a key fob is assigned to it, but I am not certain of this. I would have thought the key fob that came with the TSSM would already have been assigned to it. If anyone has installed the new system for the 07's and can advise what they had to do to get the alarm system working I would appreciate it.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:59 PM
WillieC
Road Master

I have the same on my 07 and the siren cirps when it sets and un-sets but I have never
heard any other sound from it. If I move the bike with the FOB away from the bike the lights flash but no siren at all.

WillieC

[IMG]local://upfiles/3686/E54EC95E2F3F46328FFA1EFF8F9372C6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-20-2007, 08:29 PM
OB1DYNA
Novice

Chris,

Take a look at page 64 of your owners manual...it talks about the Siren Self-driven mode which has the same symptoms you are seeing. If while you are driving a red key is not showing up on your speedometer your security system has been programmed. It sounds like either the Siren is in Self Driven mode or your security system is not hooked up correctly. You can test the seceond by removing your key fob from the key chain and trying to start your bike (the security system should disarm the ignition w/out the FOB). If your bike does not start ensure the Siren is connected correctly and not in Self Driven Mode.

John

Old 07-20-2007, 08:44 PM
CCPD
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: OB1DYNA

Chris,

Take a look at page 64 of your owners manual...it talks about the Siren Self-driven mode which has the same symptoms you are seeing. If while you are driving a red key is not showing up on your speedometer your security system has been programmed. It sounds like either the Siren is in Self Driven mode or your security system is not hooked up correctly. You can test the seceond by removing your key fob from the key chain and trying to start your bike (the security system should disarm the ignition w/out the FOB). If your bike does not start ensure the Siren is connected correctly and not in Self Driven Mode.

John
Yes, I looked that over, but the turn signals are not even flashing when I shut the bike down and park it. Also after I park it the red security light in the speedometer does not flash. It is almost as if I never installed the security system or siren. The bike would not start when I first put it in untill I married the TSSM to the ECM so I know it worked to that point.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:10 AM
Splatter
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you saying that you installed the entire system (turn signal module and siren) yourself? If so, then you'll have to go to your dealer and have him associate the fob to the turn signal module. They have a special program called "Digital Technician" for doing that.

Old 07-21-2007, 12:56 PM
OB1DYNA
Novice

Chris,

If that is the case, no red key light when the bike is stopped, then you will need a dealer to program the Fob to the alarm system.

John

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Lowrider, have an alarm question.