General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What motorcycle speakers NOT to buy!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Ugly Troll
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Default What motorcycle speakers NOT to buy!

So the wife and I rode down to Knoxville for the National rally last week.....I had promised her if they had some speakers for her 06 Street Bob I would get them so she could listen to her ipod on the bike without the earphones. We found some that seemed to be pretty good and dropped over $300 on them. Went back to the hotel and mounted them but waited to get home to wire them. Turns out the damned things don't even work! I called the company and they said "huh. I'll have an engineer call you back." Well, I've waited for 2 days now and still no call. Oh yeah, I also sent them an email and got no response. I worked in electronics for many years, was mecp certified and did both vehicle and home installs as well as satellite and antenna work and towers! So yes, I do know what I'm doing with this stuff. I'm gonna wait 1 more day and if I still hear nothing, then I'm going to post the name of the company, the location, and the brand......and advise everyone not to do business with them! They were set up as one of the vendors at the Club Hog Down Home rally in Knoxville......so if you guys are reading this and recognize yourselves, you'd best be giving me a holler and straighten this crap out! CC co is willing to backcharge you btw.

Troll

Old 08-30-2007, 02:30 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What motorcycle speakers NOT to buy!

ORIGINAL: Ugly Troll

So the wife and I rode down to Knoxville for the National rally last week.....I had promised her if they had some speakers for her 06 Street Bob I would get them so she could listen to her ipod on the bike without the earphones. We found some that seemed to be pretty good and dropped over $300 on them. Went back to the hotel and mounted them but waited to get home to wire them. Turns out the damned things don't even work! I called the company and they said "huh. I'll have an engineer call you back." Well, I've waited for 2 days now and still no call. Oh yeah, I also sent them an email and got no response. I worked in electronics for many years, was mecp certified and did both vehicle and home installs as well as satellite and antenna work and towers! So yes, I do know what I'm doing with this stuff. I'm gonna wait 1 more day and if I still hear nothing, then I'm going to post the name of the company, the location, and the brand......and advise everyone not to do business with them! They were set up as one of the vendors at the Club Hog Down Home rally in Knoxville......so if you guys are reading this and recognize yourselves, you'd best be giving me a holler and straighten this crap out! CC co is willing to backcharge you btw.

Troll
In my view, you probably should have waited 1 more day to post/say anything at all. With no 'real' information disclosed, the above is pretty much useless to anyone who may be contemplating a similar purchase. Just my take.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:37 PM
cwilks
Banned

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

Troll
In my view, you probably should have waited 1 more day to post/say anything at all. With no 'real' information disclosed, the above is pretty much useless to anyone who may be contemplating a similar purchase. Just my take.

There's PLENTY of real info disclosed in the man's post or didn't you read it...........he just told you his experience with the company he's dealing with so what's your problem?? Obviously he is venting and also relaying his side of things.........NOW, what you need to do, is when quoting someone else's post QUIT putting your enhancements into the post your quoting. Its his way not your way. Just MY take .......you f***ing PC guys **** me off.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:44 PM
TruBluUltra
Tourer

[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 08-30-2007, 05:00 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: cwilks

Troll

There's PLENTY of real info disclosed in the man's post or didn't you read it...........he just told you his experience with the company he's dealing with so what's your problem?? Obviously he is venting and also relaying his side of things.........NOW, what you need to do, is when quoting someone else's post QUIT putting your enhancements into the post your quoting. Its his way not your way. Just MY take .......you f***ing PC guys **** me off.
Now that's a post with information. Unlike the original.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:06 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Get off your high horse Tex and realize not everyone is gonna live up to your lofty standards and ideals...thank heaven for that.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:15 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: zombie

Get off your high horse Tex and realize not everyone is gonna live up to your lofty standards and ideals...thank heaven for that.
Pardon me, for just as you have done (sans the insults), I was solely expressing an opinion. And frankly, I could really give a crap what you happen to think of my standards and/or ideals. Thank heaven for that in turn.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:27 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: zombie

Pardon me, for just as you have done (sans the insults), I was solely expressing an opinion. And frankly, I could really give a crap what you happen to think of my standards and/or ideals. Thank heaven for that in turn.
For someone that's so vocal about their opinions, you get bruised mighty easily don't you. There was no insult in there, but read it as you may...you always got something to say don't ya (and it's usually negative).

Old 08-30-2007, 05:44 PM
Bowtieman31
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WTF? All this hostility!.... I'm still waiting for Ugly Troll to give us the name of the company, so I don't buy their speakers.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:03 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member

hey troll, call the credit card company and stop payment, trust me they will call quick like in a hurry.

Quick Reply: What motorcycle speakers NOT to buy!