Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Road King Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 07:31 PM
Unclenuts
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Road King Problem

Hey Gang:

My 2005 Road King had a miss in it the last 2 times I rode it, so I decided to pull the sparkplugs & check them. The rear plug would not come out. It is out of warranty even though it only has 6000 miles on it. I took it to the dealership I bought it from & told them about this problem. I was informed that the 2005 models had a ( Oil Comsumption Problem ). In the process of trying to get the spark plug out the mechanic broke it off.
They removed the head & said the spark plug was definately cross threaded in the head. The service advisor called Harley & they said theywould take care of the Oil Consumption Problem if I paid a $100.00 (Good Will Fee), but they would do nothing toward the head that was crosstheaded from the factory because it was out of warranty. I have bought 4 Harley's from this dealership & have had Harley's since 1977. I am not mad at the dealership, but as soon as the repair is done I am going to list the bike For Sale. The cost to me is going to be close to $700.00. The service advisor said I should call Customer Service, I have been down that road before & I can tell you that if you have a lot of time on your hands & enjoy setting on the phone & listening to 3 different songs then go for it. No thanks !!!! I have always beenthe kind of person who has taken care of the people who take care of me. If a company will not stand behind you when the problem was caused by them then I can no longer stand by them. I know that there are many diehard Harley riders that will ride Harleys no matter what the circumstances, I still have the same feeling as I always have,( You Take Care Of The People That Take Care Of You.)
I will still be riding an American Bike, just a different Brand.

Good Luck & Ride Safe !!!

Dave

Old 09-18-2007, 07:37 PM
raporte
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2005 Road King Problem

Ya know what...I don't blame you one bit. There are alot of good bikes out there...good luck!

Old 09-18-2007, 07:42 PM
scttgr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

who did you mileage services...1k, 2.5k, 5k etc...I think it says inspect the plugs at 1 & 5. Did they do their job? does the dealer have any "take-Off" parts, from engine builds that the customer left there that they could use to cut the cost?

Old 09-18-2007, 07:52 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: scttgr8

who did you mileage services...1k, 2.5k, 5k etc...I think it says inspect the plugs at 1 & 5. Did they do their job? does the dealer have any "take-Off" parts, from engine builds that the customer left there that they could use to cut the cost?

Yeap that's just what I was thinking. The plugs being cross threded have nothing to do with the Moco. It would be the dealer that did your services..... Also why the hell are they pulling your heads off to remove the spark plug?? And $700.00 for labor for that???? Something doesn't sound right[sm=confused06.gif]