Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Franklin Mint Replica 1:10 Model?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 02:18 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Franklin Mint Replica 1:10 Model?

Was goofing online searching for different junk to buy (to crappy outside to ride) and came across the Franklin Mint series of HD replica/model. Has anyone purchased a Franklin Mint replica/model? The darn thing is $135 and it doesn't say what it's made from. It looks dang good, though. It appears to be an exact replica of my bike ... and they've got lots of other models as well.

Old 09-29-2007, 02:44 AM
ko4qc
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Franklin Mint Replica 1:10 Model?

As far as collector value,and increasing value,the FMjunk is just that ...junk....:&gt

Old 09-29-2007, 05:38 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They only mean anything just to you. When my dad was alive I used to buy him one every year of different cars that he liked. He restored cars from the 50's era and heavily involved into car clubs. He liked the FM cars and bought a case that held them. They re good quality. Die casted but have all the moving parts. It's just for you though. I doubt that they would increase in value or anything like that.

Old 09-29-2007, 08:06 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

I have quite a bit of Franklin Mint stuff including a bike like you posted in a POSE. I don't know ifmy collectionhas any collector value or not, but I like it and it has value to me and to the Grandkids with will some day have it. My 3 year old Grandson can aready tell you which pieces have been promised to him by Papa.

Bill

Old 09-29-2007, 05:49 PM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys ... I'm not one of those folks who thinks his bike is an investment that will climb in value, and I don't collect junk about my bikes because I expect a postive return on investment. My interest is exclusively about how good this product looks and what kind of quality can I expect from this company.

I've seen lots of stuff from the Franklin Mint but never bought anything from them. I want something that I can set on a shelf or on my desk that will represent my bike, and the pictures they have on their web site look great. If the actual quality is half as good as the picture then I'd say it's worth $100 or more for my personal gratification. But before I plunk down the money I wanted to hear from folks who have actually purchased their products and can comment on the quality that I should expect.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:38 PM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 357 Likes on 252 Posts

I've a few Franklin Mint Harley's. As others have said, they are good quality metal made. They are not cheaply made, like the OCC/WCC/Ness type models.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

There won't be any comparison between a Franklin Mint and anybody else.
FM is by far the best.

You will like it.
But like you, I would only buy it for my own personal satisfaction not to make any money.

I have lots of diecast cars (25) of cars I've actually owned.
They are for me. I even threw away the boxes because I'll never sell them.
It gives me lots of pleasure just to look at them once and a while.
They are from all different manufactures but the FM (I have one) is by far the best and most actuate.
Buy it.

I'll probably buy a FM Fat Boy pretty soon.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:21 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Franklin Mint is quality stuff, and if any of the collectables will ever be worth anything, the Franklin Mint stuff will be because of the quality.

Bill

Old 10-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Tman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Frankin Mint has some great stuff. Look around on ebay for a better price, I am sure you can find that model at a cheaper price.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:59 PM
oldgeezer
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

At our house, it would end up like everything else we collect. Even if it appreciates in value, we'd never sell it. My wife has some of the Department 56 snow village pieces and some are worth several thousand dollars. But, we'd never sell it. One of these days, it will probably make our great grandkids rich.

Quick Reply: Franklin Mint Replica 1:10 Model?