Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lost my only key and fob!!!

Old 10-13-2007, 06:46 AM
bassboy
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lost my only key and fob!!!

HI guys

Newbie here who has just lost my only set of keys and fob!!

I lost them yesterday whilst riding my 2001 Fatboy in Marbella, Spain where I live ...must have fallen out of my pocket and have been back to trace my steps but no sign!! (would have thought there would have been a light to warn when the fob was out or range or something similar!!)

I have only recently bought the bike so it isnt registered in my name yet so dont think the local dealers are going to want to help!! Does anybody know if i can temporarily bypass the immobiliser and carry on riding until i can get a new key? I have searched the forum and realise that i should have had a code with the key but if there was one i dint see it and now its too late!!!!

Any help much appreciated!!

Old 10-13-2007, 10:19 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: lost my only key and fob!!!

If your VERY lucky, the original owner never changed the factory setting on it.
Most of the ones I have seen were programmed at the factory with all "1's" as the code.
The owner manual (if you got that from the original owner) has a page at the end with cards for your wallet were your supposed to write the code down.If they are still there odds are the code was never changed and you can input all "1's" and get the bike going again.
As for the fobs, they came with white tags with their serial numbers on. "IF" you have those tags you can get new fobs from a dealer, but I don't think they aregoing to be cheap.
As a last resort, take off the seat and disconnect the negative battery terminal. Then you should be able to remove the security module without harminganything. Once its off the bikeshould operate normally. But without a key to lock it up your risking it getting ripped off by the first slime ball who trys to start it, cause it will work for him too.

Old 10-13-2007, 10:36 PM
commander112
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

My 05 and 07had a factory code of 31313. You can try it and see if it works. The way the system works is:
1) Flip the panel switch to the accessory position
2) press both the left and rightturn signal buttons at the same time
3) the key light on the dash should now be flashing fast
4) press the left turn signal switch 3 times
5) press the right turn signal switch 1 time
6) press the left turn signal switch 1 time
7) press the right turn signal switch 1 time
8) press the left turn signal 3 times
9) press the right turn signal 1 time
10) press the left turn signal 1 time
11) press the right turn signal 1 time
12) press the left turn signal 3 times (i don't remember if you will have to press the right turn switch again or not)
13)if that was the right code the key light will now stop flashingand stay lit. flip the panel switch over to the run position and start the bike.

Nice part of Spain you live in!

Mark

Old 10-14-2007, 12:16 PM
bassboy
2nd Gear

Hi Guys

thanks for the info!!

I will try it tomorrow morning and let you know what happens! I spoke to the dealer i bought it from in the UK and they just said I would have to replace the TSSM system and get new keys and fobs etc...pretty damn expensive!

All my mates are still laughing at me for losing the keys so hopefully I can get it running again soon and get back out riding again!

Yes it is a great part of a great country down here but the official dealers are worse than useless so thanks agaihn for your help

Bassboy

Old 10-14-2007, 01:38 PM
Oldtimer of NM
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If all ones doesn't do it, try the last digits of the VIN number. A lot of them were set by the dealers to that number.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:15 AM
bassboy
2nd Gear

Hi Guys

No Joy I'm afraid...looks like its a trip to the stealer!!

Old 10-27-2007, 06:38 PM
wallyn
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once you get by the imbobilizer here is a cheaper security option. I have one one by bike and use it instead of the stock security system. The digital dawg is a passive starter kill. http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/

You can alsotry a local lock smith to see if they can rekey the bike for you.

On a 2001 bike the I think the imobilizer is after market so i am not sure if you can just take it off. You could try. It might just be interuprting the run/start circuit on the bike. Not sure if it is actually doing anything to the electronic ignition.

Good Luck!

Old 10-28-2007, 12:22 AM
Scurvy Jack
Tourer

Bassboy...is your bike rideable? I mean, is the alarm automatic every time you shut off the bike or did you set it manually? If the bike still runs but you can't set the alarm or lock it with the key then you have a couple of options. 1)pay the stealer and redo the whole system 2)buy and replace the barrel locks with new ones and 3)buy an alarm system like the digital dawg
The first thing I did on my '03 was change out the barrel locks...there are too many matching keys out there to trust it. I also have a hidden kill switch that keeps all power off even if someone is able to override the electronic security on the bike.
If your bike was set to automatically set the alarm then you're screwed unless you can get the previous code and clear it or change it. Try to find the previous owner and see if they can help at all.

Old 10-28-2007, 01:53 AM
DanDeuce
Road Captain

Not saying Bassboy is not up and up , but you all sure are giving some good info out for anyone that might have come into possesion of a Harley without keys ![sm=badidea.gif]

Old 10-28-2007, 12:39 PM
davered51
Cruiser

lol, good point Dan

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lost my only key and fob!!!