Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightster Mod Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 01:56 PM
Danula
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nightster Mod Suggestions

Hi, everyone...... i'm new

I'm looking to buy a 2008 Nightster within the next 3 months (this will be my first bike) and I was wondering if there are any aftermarket parts that people can suggest for me

More specifically, I'm wanting that raw exhaust sound (preferably loud enough to make children cry if i can) with as little right-side scraping as possible when turning.

In the way of tires, air filters, and whatnot... i'm open to anything from performance to form and function type parts

If I seem ignorant it's because I just got into bikes, and I know relatively nothing.

Thanks

Old 11-01-2007, 01:02 AM
Teek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Nightster Mod Suggestions

Stage 1 upgrade and remap for the electronic control module (ECM), drag pipes (essentially hollow pipes with no baffles), K&N air filter with an open breather. I'll tell ya to do what I do with bikes, and guns...use it a while, and become proficient with it bone stock...then you'll know what modifications to do. Oh, and also find out if there are any noise ordinances around your stomping grounds. Loud enough for YOUR children to cry is fine, but others get kinda uppity when you make THEIR children cry...I don't think you'll have a problem with that in Huntsville, though.

Teek

Old 11-01-2007, 01:09 AM
HDHornet
Road Warrior

Buy a custom, nightsters suck, jmho, lol

Old 11-01-2007, 02:02 AM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HDHornet

Don't fault him for his envy.... Only guys with big c!@#s can ride Nightsters lol

Old 11-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member

I second this statement. IMO the Nightster's color combos with the exception of the orange and black are just too drab. I guess I like my engines to shine too. The gray engines and the natural finish engines look like crap...[8D]

Old 11-01-2007, 04:09 PM
jc_denton
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Danula
with as little right-side scraping as possible when turning.
Then you should buy a Roadster not a Nightster. Nightsters are lowered a good amount. Roadsters are not, so they clear things much better. Besides, sit on a Nightster and a Roadster before you buy. The Nightster will feel "cramped;" I can almost guarantee it. It has narrower handlebars and the seat pushes you forward. It feels like it was meant for ... oompa loompas.

Mods you can do? I would upgrade to "Stage 1." What that includes is new exhaust, high-flow air cleaner, and a fuel manager to make it all work. You will see a noticeable performance gain depending on what you go with.

Scroll down on this page to see what types of exhausts work on HD bikes. Keep in mind, some setups gain more power than others. Other setups can actually lose power over the stock setup (like drag exhaust pipes... because they are made for sound only not performance).

http://www.harley-performance.com/harley-exhaust.html

Old 11-01-2007, 04:55 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 299 Likes on 228 Posts

ORIGINAL: HighDesertKid

Don't fault him for his envy.... Only guys with big c!@#s can ride Nightsters lol
Or is it, only "vertically challenged" individuals need mid controls? Can't stand mids after going to forwards.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Nickster
Stage I

I have a 2007 Nightster, I did the following mods: Screaming Eagle Stage 1 High Flow airfilter, Vance and Hines Short Shots Staggared in Black, Vance and Hines Fuel Pack, Forward Controls. I love the performance of my bike and the sound is awsome.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Nickster

I have a 2007 Nightster, I did the following mods: Screaming Eagle Stage 1 High Flow airfilter, Vance and Hines Short Shots Staggared in Black, Vance and Hines Fuel Pack, Forward Controls. I love the performance of my bike and the sound is awsome.

Carefull with that SE A/C. There are atleast 3 members on here that had screws come loose and suck in the motor. all within a 1000 or so miles of them being installed.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:15 PM
txoval
Road Captain

There are so many different styles ofpipes it's hard to say what would be best for you...

Check out these websites:

www.vanceandhines.com

www.pipedreamz.biz

Vance and Hines (V&H)produces high quality systems for a reasonable price, check Pipedreamz's website and you'll see a lot of other brands besides theirs, such as hooker,rinehart, sampson, bassani, supertrap....

Like I said, there are a ton of different routes you could go, try a search for exhausts or slip-ons

Mine are called Insomniac pipes by Pipedreamz, I like their style and the sound is unique

good luck

Quick Reply: Nightster Mod Suggestions