Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Rear turn signal relocation

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 03:13 PM
ShoreRider
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Rear turn signal relocation

Ok folks, I need some advice/help. Have an '07 SuperGlide Custom with the detachable backrest and a laydown license plate frame. When doing overnight trips, I have a bag that I use to sit on the rear luggage carrier portion of the backrest. However, that sometimes isn't enough. I have purchased a set of over the fender leather saddlebags for those rare occasions where I need additional storage. I was fully aware at the time I bought them that I would need to relocate the rear turn signals. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any product that does this for the SuperGlide Customs. I am coming down to deciding to relocate them myself by drilling through the fender near the bottom, but this isn't my preferred method. I'd like to find an aftermarket bracket that I could either incorporate into the existing laydown license plate assembly or into the rear brake light or similar.

Anyone know of any products like this or have an innovative solution they came up with to relocate their turn signals back near the plate frame or rear brake light?

Old 12-05-2007, 10:17 AM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Rear turn signal relocation

68732-02A is the turn signal relocation kit for 02 and later DYNA models except FXDWG and FXDF. According to the HD parts catalog, it does nt fit with the laydown licens plate, but you may want to check on that. I have heard of it being used with the laydown plate.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Keeg
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used a kit from Custom Chrome (purchased from Great Bike Gear.com)to relocate the signals on my 07 Street Bob. Pretty sure they had kits for all Dynas. It came with a bracket that mounted to their lay down license plate bracket. Not sure if it wiil work with other lay down plate frames. You use your stock turn signals including the wing standoff.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:39 PM
ShoreRider
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: rh8234

68732-02A is the turn signal relocation kit for 02 and later DYNA models except FXDWG and FXDF. According to the HD parts catalog, it does nt fit with the laydown licens plate, but you may want to check on that. I have heard of it being used with the laydown plate.
I saw that in the catalog also, but was reluctant to buy it once I saw that it didn't fit with the laydown plate. Has anyone used this with a laydown plate?

Old 12-05-2007, 04:39 PM
bobcowan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made these simple brackets out of some sheet metal I had lying around. The stalks are some spacers I had left over from another project.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:20 PM
01SuperGlideSport
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 01 super glide sport.the turn indicators go through the back of the license plate.harley does offer a laydown setup.jus go to harley web sight then look for laydown license plate on 01 super glide sport FXDX....its 79 or 89 bucks....maybe the mod would be cleaner....