Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ipod speaker system for road king????

Old 03-26-2008, 01:03 PM
jpnelson1978
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ipod speaker system for road king????

looking for a speaker system now thats its warmer out. does anybody have any recomendations forone with great sound and fairly priced. thanks for looking.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:43 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: ipod speaker system for road king????

I've seen a few systems online ( not really a fan of the way they look though) but have never heard any of them, you might try just useing the ear buds. Really nice bike by the way

Old 03-26-2008, 10:32 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

jpnelson1978 ,,,,,

pasted below from the handlebar speaker page at www.jmcorp.com ,,,,,,,, JMJOHN ,,, john@jmcorp.com ,,,,,

MHAS-2008

[/font]

[font=arial]These self amplified powerhouses are virtually hand built in our factory in Tucson.

The amplifier circuits that are installed into the base of the speaker housings now put out well in excess of 40 watts each channel and are sealed in epoxy to provide complete weather proofing. (this power output increase and the noise filter being completely encased inside the housings is what differentiates the MHAS-2008’s from our previous MHAS-2005 speaker sets, along with the lower price).

Not only powerful, the amplifier circuits have been specially tuned for the high gain levels necessary to amplify even the smallest of Walkman/MP3-type or portable satellite radio music devices.

Left speaker side mounted volume up/down control switches provide for ease of use and convenience while riding.

The speaker cones are also waterproof and will provide many years of service without damage from the weather.

A top quality chrome finish is applied to the speaker housings as well as the mounting brackets for beauty and durability.

The speakers connect directly to your bike's 12V electrical system (no batteries are needed except for your personal music device) and all necessary wiring, mounting hardware and installation instructions are included.

The MHAS-2008 speakers are the best performing handlebar mounted speakers you can buy anywhere, at any price. You won't be disappointed!

Old 03-27-2008, 02:36 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

No offense to John, but I have never cared for the look of handlebar mounted speakers. Plus, at highway speeds, you will be hard pressed to get a good sound. Since you have hard bags, have you concidered adding 6x9 speakers, and an amp to your saddlebags? Many here have done it, and you can get it going with little money, depending on the quality of parts you want to use. Plus, you can add fairing lowers, and stick a couple of speakers in them.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a friend with an unreal ipod system. Small speakers in the frame neck, subs in the bags... I can hear it on my bike when he's behind me even.
Sounds great! I'll see if I can get some pictures from him to post.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:57 PM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

I have a friend with an unreal ipod system. Small speakers in the frame neck, subs in the bags... I can hear it on my bike when he's behind me even.
Sounds great! I'll see if I can get some pictures from him to post.

I would like to see the pics... if you can get them.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:19 AM
jpnelson1978
Tourer

i have thought about the speakers in the bags for sure, but im scared i wont hear them at all when my girl is on the back. her legs are almost pressed against the area i would install them.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:24 AM
erb8104
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the J&M speakers on my RK. Worked great and could hear them at speed. No problem with rain either. Highly recommended.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:01 PM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: jpnelson1978

i have thought about the speakers in the bags for sure, but im scared i wont hear them at all when my girl is on the back. her legs are almost pressed against the area i would install them.
If you are talking about installing the speakers facing the front of the bike, you may be right about not being able to hear it as well. But, from all I have read about speaker/bag installs (which is everything I can find), you are better off placing the speakers facing the rear tire. From what I have read, placing the speakers in that location actually makes it easier/clearer to hear your tunes... plus the fact that just about anyone looking at the bags would not even realize you have speakers in them (think security). One other thing to think about is adding some fairing lowers (on the highway bars). JM makes a product that installs into the glove box area, and www.kevinevans.org makes a glove box replacement 6x9 product. My first thought was to buy hard bags, and a four channel amp (2 for the bags, and 2 leads for the lowers). Now I am thinking of buying fairing lowers ($302 primared from Zanotti's), and the kevin evans kit, and an amp. I then have time to look for hardbags that I can afford, but with the lowers (only), I should still be able to hear some tunes... Just a thought...

Old 04-06-2008, 01:24 AM
phat96
Road Warrior

Like what your thinking Papa, eventually I think I'll go that way too. 2 in the bags and 2 on the the crash bars, I'm checking out all the fairing folks at the bike show tomorrow in Scottsdale, 2 more speakers there. I know everyone - if you wanted tunes then you should have bought an Electra, St. Glide etc.

JP, really nice bike.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ipod speaker system for road king????