Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

110 Heads

Old 04-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Craig C.
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 110 Heads

Hey Guys, First time on here for me, looking for some info out there. I plan a a 103 inch build on my 96 inch ultra. I would like to use Sceramin Eagle 110 heads. I have found out that ther are two different 110 heads. the one that comes from the factory on the CVO bikes and the one in the S/E catalog listed as a 110+ head. The part number for the production head is 17248-07A and the 110+ is 17071-08.
Any one out there know what the difference in the two heads might be? I am having a hard time looking up the part numbers for both heads. Does not come when looking to buy from on-line dealers. Any help out there would be GREAT,
Ride Safe,
Craig C.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 110 Heads

First off, Welcome aboard.... Take a moment to post an Intro in the NEW MEMBERS SECTION at your earliest....

I just finished a top end for a gentleman, remove the stock (CVO) pistons and heads, and installed the 110+ heads and Hi-Comp pistons....

The difference is HUGE....

The stock 110 heads are of an open bathub design, smaller valves, and the pistons are flattops....

The 110+ have a definitive bathub chamber, larger valves, can accommodate lift of .650, and the matching pistons fill up the chamber quite nicely....

Using the stock (MLS) gaskets, I ended up with a .042 valve to piston gap, so if you are really wanting to get the TRUE 10.5:1 CR, you will need to have the entire top end machined in, to maximixe potential.....

FWIW, you can get your heads (Stock) welded, machined and port flowed for what it will cost for new heads.....

Old 04-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Welcome, Craig. Before you buy SE heads, you might read this thread concerning them and why many prefer to have stock heads ported by a reputable, proven vendor, and buy an engine package instead of mixing and matching parts:

https://www.hdforums.com/m_3224906/tm.htm

Old 04-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Craig C.
Advanced

Thanks for the info Bob, Get any dyno numbers on that build? Did you leave the 255 cams in the motor? I would only use these heads if I can get a GOOOD deal on them. I found a set of the stock CVO for $500. Maybe I'll keep looking.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Craig C.
Advanced

Hey Harleypingman,
I did read it and it does make a lot of sense. I have never delt with Head Quarters before but have heard good thing about them. Any idea how much he would get to do my stock heads? How about turnaround time. All your guys info is great and appericated.
Thanks

Old 04-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Craig,you can price out the Head-Quarters products here:

http://www.head-quarters-usa.com/customtwintype.html

They do a core exchange if you want to minimize your downtime--they pull heads and/or cylinders they have in stock--prepare them for your build--and ship them to you. You send your take-offs back to them and get a credit back on the core charge.

Call Doug or Kevin--the fastest way is to do the core exchange and it's a wash dollar-wise.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:49 PM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 815 Likes on 580 Posts

Your OEM castings re-worked with the proper cam, will SMOKE the 110 heads power output for your configuration, and deliverbetter fuel economy doing so as well.

Sales/Support 315-495-6650
www.hillsidecycle.com
Walk-in Retail Showroom
Complete H-D Machine Shop
Case & cylinder boring
Complete Cylinder Head Shop
High-Performance Engine Kits
Crank Rebuilding
Direct Link & PowerVision Tuning
Goodson HD Tooling Manufacturer
Maxton Mile World Record
4500 sq ft. facility

OVER 35 YEARS OF H-D ENGINE BUILDING.
See us on Facebook.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Craig C.
Advanced

Hey Hillside,
I think that will be the route that I will go. Who's head work do you like? I was looking at "short block charlie's" and his stuff looks pretty impressive.
What do you think?

Old 04-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Craig C.
Advanced

It looks like you guys do it all. How much would I be looking to spend on my stock castings to make them work on my 103" Maybe you can give me a ball park number? Any one casting better then the other? A 99 casting or an 06 casting?

Old 04-21-2008, 12:22 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Craig C.

Hey Hillside,
I think that will be the route that I will go. Who's head work do you like? I was looking at "short block charlie's" and his stuff looks pretty impressive.
What do you think?
Craig, so what did Hillside tell you? Hopefully, you can now see the humor in your questions.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 110 Heads