Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Screamin Eagle Cam plate & Oil Pump concern

Old 05-30-2008, 10:20 AM
Exit45
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Screamin Eagle Cam plate & Oil Pump concern

I have a 99 Road King at a shop having a GMR 107 kit with the RR615 cam being installed. I had them order and install the Screamin Eagle cam plate and high volume oil pump part # 25283-07. They called me and said the oil pump didn't work. They said they replaced the oil pump again and that one didn't work either. They said they went ahead and installed the oil pump with the one that the owner uses in his bikes which is the same price. So that tells me they didn't go with a feuling oil pump. Are there other oil pumps that still have the high volume? Could they have been doing something wrong with the install? I'm concerned now....Any input will be greatly appreciated.

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/b...keprofilez.jpg"

Old 05-30-2008, 11:48 AM
HDWRENCH
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Screamin Eagle Cam plate & Oil Pump concern

I am sorry I do not know screen names. Please give me a call maybe there is something that I can help you out with the install that this other shop is doing. Some there does not sound right?? We use the se plate and stock oil pump and did find that on a new 07 08 engine that the oil pressure was lower than what we like to see it . Hot idle was at 10-11 psi. As for the older bikes with the update kit they have been fine with no issues. What do you mean it is not working??? No oil pressure?? it is tearing up the pump??

Old 05-30-2008, 12:04 PM
HDWRENCH
Road Master

WHOOP I see your name. I will give the shop a call in the next couple of minutes. Since you did not buy the kit through us as that shop is a dealer of ours. Can you please send me your phone number.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:29 PM
HDWRENCH
Road Master

Problem was found or at least repaired. The issue seems to be in the cam plate itself.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Exit45
Advanced

Thanks Steve....Lesson learned! Next timeI willput my bike on the trailer and take it to Steve at GMR Performance and have him do all the work. He has gone above and beyond the call of duty to help me out with my build. Very stand up guy.....

Old 05-30-2008, 04:59 PM
mentor70
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: HDWRENCH

WHOOP I see your name. I will give the shop a call in the next couple of minutes. Since you did not buy the kit through us as that shop is a dealer of ours. Can you please send me your phone number.
Dose this mean one might reconsider buying this part?

I im kinda kickin the idea of throwing one in for the heck of it. not realy sure if I need one.

I see they scavange alot more but dont realy put alot more in the engine.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Exit45
Advanced

3 months ago when the build started I decided on this SE cam plate and oil pump package. If I were to do it over I would get the new one that R&R makes now for $249.
http://cart.rrcycles.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=368

Old 05-31-2008, 08:24 AM
TMOORE
Intermediate

99' models need a port on the cam plate closed. Theres a kit (plug) sold for the purpose. The SE plate I used had a notice about this in the instructions.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:51 AM
HDWRENCH
Road Master

The pump is fine the issue seems to be the plate itself. The port that needs to be plugged is done. The problem may be that the size of the ports for oil are much larger and hence you loose pressure on a given pump size with no other changes. As if you look at the stock plate vs the Se billet the ports are larger. This would explain the drop in oil pressure we are seeing on select bikes. As well with the stock 07, 08 bikes they are not carrying the pressure seen on earlier engines. Now this could be due to the new case design, again larger internal port size. Add that to a cam plate that will not allow the pump to build as much pressure and you end up with rather low oil pressure at a hot idle. Once the engine builds rpm the pressure builds very nicely.

Old 09-15-2019, 12:36 PM
Sweep530
Stage II

Originally Posted by TMOORE
99' models need a port on the cam plate closed. Theres a kit (plug) sold for the purpose. The SE plate I used had a notice about this in the instructions.
Are there any pictures of this mysterious port that needs to be blocked or plugged on the SE cam plate. I have one of these cam plates in my friends Harley and he complains of low oil pressure all the time. if there is a PDF file that I could be pointed to. That would be great.
Thanks ,
Sweep