Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Temecula DMV skills Test?

Old 07-21-2008, 01:04 PM
BoneyardBill
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temecula DMV skills Test?

Hi. I am getting ready to take the skills test at the DMV...has anyone taken it recently and what can I expect as far as the manuevers I will have to do? How strict are they there and what should I look out for in order to increase chances of passing it first time.&nbsp\\; I will be on my Nightster for the test.&nbsp\\; Thanks

Old 07-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Temecula DMV skills Test?

Most is based on very very slow riding skills. In a tight box figure 8 can be tough. If you can do it in the area of two parking places wide and deep you will be ok. Good luck!!!

Old 07-21-2008, 01:14 PM
daxxer
Banned

Google calif dmv test.&nbsp\\; you'll find some dmv videos on youtube. 85% fail and test is in 4 parts.&nbsp\\;No failure on any or you'll have to do it over in a week or two.&nbsp\\; designed for you to fail so you will take the MSC course for $250 over 2 or 3 days.&nbsp\\; They give you the cert and you don't need to do the dmv test.&nbsp\\; Most do it this way now as the dmv test has zero room for error unlike cagers who get all sorts of do overs.&nbsp\\; Hope this helps.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Jammer23
2nd Gear

I took it on my Heritage Softail Classic and passed it the first time.
I'm in Lake Tahoe but it's still California DMV.&nbsp\\; Just practice in a parking lot turning in circles or practice at the DMV after hours if their course is open. My test was weaving in and out of cones into a circle and back out. Then straight line riding in 1st to show balance.

Good Luck!!!

Old 07-22-2008, 11:47 AM
daxxer
Banned

You are an anomaly, my friend!&nbsp\\; Or maybe they are more laidback up in Tahoe as I know I would be! Down here in the flatlands of SoCal, DMV workers are mean and angry government workers ..

Old 07-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Bluerose

Hubby passed it here a couple of years ago on my Yamaha 650.&nbsp\\; You should be able to do it on a nightster.&nbsp\\; Test has barely changed in 20 years...I did it on a scooter years ago.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;Totally recommend you go over and practice the cirles in thier test area both ways (Sundays are good) stay in the lines without putting your feet down.&nbsp\\; If you have time you could go watch someone do it.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;

Old 07-22-2008, 10:05 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: daxxer

You are an anomaly, my friend!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Or maybe they are more laidback up in Tahoe as I know I would be! Down here in the flatlands of SoCal, DMV workers are mean and angry government workers ..
&nbsp\\;
After a couple of months back on a bike I was able to do it on the Deluxe as well as hubby....MSF is a good way to go though.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Jammer23
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: daxxer

You are an anomaly, my friend!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Or maybe they are more laidback up in Tahoe as I know I would be! Down here in the flatlands of SoCal, DMV workers are mean and angry government workers ..
We are definitely more laid back up here.&nbsp\\; I think i had a leg up when i took my test because people up here always show up on scooters or dirt bikes to take the test so when i showed up on my Harley the Instructor was surprised.&nbsp\\; She even said i wouldn't pass it but i did.

Riding these Mountain roads all the time helps.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:59 PM
daxxer
Banned

Yep, you hillbillies got it made!&nbsp\\; Livin the good life in Tahoe ...

Old 07-23-2008, 12:59 AM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 161 Posts

Here's several videos to give you an idea of what to expect: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...q=ca+dmv+motor

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Temecula DMV skills Test?