Good Or Bad Shopping Experiences At HDF Post Your Shopping Experience Here

lenale fan is a ripoff

Old 05-20-2008, 10:25 PM
partychief
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lenale fan is a ripoff

[:-]dont buy it it isnt waterproof.mine burnt out in 1 week and the 30 day warranty was up.crook.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:59 AM
Bossman1
Outstanding HDF Member

How about that an American co that stands behind it's product!! KUDOS and best wishes and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE WE ARE PROUD OF YOU..LOL

Old 12-09-2009, 04:30 AM
epickens
4th Gear

I have had to replace (2) of these fans! They look, and work great, when they work. Mine has failed twice both time the unit blows the fuse.

Has anyone else had this probleum

Old 12-09-2009, 06:21 AM
Nightking
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by partychief
[:-]dont buy it it isnt waterproof.mine burnt out in 1 week and the 30 day warranty was up.crook.
I'm trying to do the math on this one. Let's see, 30 day warranty, burnt up within a week of purchase, but the warranty was up.?

Old 03-06-2010, 07:40 AM
peppi
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You don't seem to back up what you say on another forum, you didn't even reply after making your first "claim" for customer satisfaction. The poster's fan caught fire.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:00 PM
jbass
Stage III

I am an active member of the HDTalking forum (378 posts) and I am very familiar with this topic.

My LeNale fan has functioned flawlessly for the past year, including a 4,250 mile round-trip to Sturgis. Several other members have had the same experience.

And some members have had problems, especially one member whose fan allegedly caught fire. At least some of those customers have received replacement fans. Some customers claim that they haven't received any customer service from the company.

I mention the above because one of the posters above referred to the HD Talking thread and to show there are two sides to the LeNale fan issue. Your mileage may vary.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:31 PM
ranman469
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LeNale
Mr. Walsh,

The fan is designed to be water resistant but not 100% waterproof. We recommend to customers not to use it in the rain or while washing the bike. We have tested it in those conditions with good results, but we still recommend not doing so. Please contact us through e-bay messages and we will replace your fan at no cost. We have a one year free labor replacement policy and a 30 day 100% replacement policy. LeNale Engineering is a service disabled veteran owned small business and we take pride in our product. Many years have been put into the engineering of these fans. It is our goal not to have any unhappy customers.

what you make something to be mounted on a motorcycle that you say should not be used in rain? WTF maybe you should re design you product or state it in big letters and warnings saying this is only for people who dont use their motorcycles!!

years of engineering and its not waterproof. what bs.
man i`m glad i read that your fan is a poorly built product. I almost bought one.
you said it.
its not waterproof and it is made to be mounted in the open on a motorcycle. to me and others that is poorly made.

LOL

Last edited by ranman469; 03-07-2010 at 07:18 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:21 AM
epickens
4th Gear

I spoke to the people at LeNale. I wanted to stop by their shop which is close to where I live, and let them look at my fan. Their response to me was that they sell the fans through shops and dealers and did not want to see me, or their defective fan.

The dealer did replace the fan only because it was installed by them.

Now I have a second bad fan.

The only thing this fan blows is fuses.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:20 PM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I liked my fan till it stop working. I had it for less then a year. It's has power no fan. Talk to the HD Dealership where I bought it and was given a phone for Len Nale # (703)-919-9441. He told me for shiping cost and $60 he can rebuild it for me.

Old 07-30-2010, 03:26 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

Well I just purchased one and too early to make any calls yet .. But the last couple days in record high heat here in FL has done a fine job so far ..

Last edited by JayStronghawk; 07-30-2010 at 07:49 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lenale fan is a ripoff