Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sons of Anarchy

Old 09-20-2008, 11:40 AM
dbcoooper
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sons of Anarchy

Thought I saw a post on this series a while ago but can't find it.

Anyone into this series... we don't get it in Canada but have been downloading the torrents.

I am wondering if anyone has I.D the bikes? they all appear to be dynas but not sure of the models ect.

Also most have some sort of front fairing that I can't seem to locate on any sites... does anyone watch the show and have an idea?

Thanks to all

db

Old 09-20-2008, 11:43 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I watch it. I don't have ID's on the bikes as they only get shown for a few seconds at a time. They seem to mostly have the quarter fairings on them except for one. The fairings are available on the harley site.Here is one of the fairings.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 09-20-2008, 11:49 AM
ericridebike
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, not a bad show, as long as you take it for what it is. Entertainment. It's not a reality show & represents "Hollywood's" version of the outlaw biker lifestyle. Sure lots of stuff isn't accurate, & exaggerated for entertainment value, but it's ok if you don't take it seriously. It's a TV show after all.

Old 09-20-2008, 12:01 PM
dbcoooper
Cruiser

I agree... but still a nice change from regular crap on right now...

Anubisss (thanks) took a look at that site...looks like they fit only 05's

db

Old 09-20-2008, 12:30 PM
SecretAgent
Cruiser

the fairings on most of the bikes are the arlen ness plain and louvered fairing, depending on the bike. on the president's bike (clay's) it's an HD dyna quarter fairing.

Last edited by SecretAgent; 09-20-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:51 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

That custom springer is the best looking one on the show.

Old 09-20-2008, 03:31 PM
last saint
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SecretAgent
the fairings on most of the bikes are the arlen ness plain and louvered fairing, depending on the bike. on the president's bike (clay's) it's an HD dyna quarter fairing.
Agent is exactly right. Ness fairings on most except for Clay's. The HD quarter fairing is made for narrow glide front ends but it can easily be adapted to the newer 49mm front ends.
I've really enjoyed the show. Sure it's over the top...but it's Hollywood. For the most part, they got a lot of things right. Like the bikes. A lot of clubs, including mine, ride dynas in this style. Fairings, suspension and performance upgrades. Why? Because they handle well and are a lot easier on the body when doing long runs. I've seen numerous people on this board make statements about how no true outlaw clubs would ride bikes like this. Guess what? THEY'RE WRONG!!!!! These bikes have become the standard for a lot of clubs...along with Road Glides, Electra Glides, Road Kings etc. Ofcourse, the great FXR is still the bike of choice for many. Personally, I'm glad that Hollywood actually took the time to dig through and find things such as the bikes in the show to make it more in line with what's really going on. How much research did they do? Quite a bit when you consider that most people that are riding these days and some on this very forum don't even realize that bikes set up in this particular manner IS the norm with a lot of clubs. True, it may not be what you're used to seeing in your particular part of the world...but it is out there. And NOT just in California. The flip side is that I cringe because they're exposing a style that was pretty much underground until now. I've been building bikes like this for several years and I hate to see it get commercialized like so many other things have been. But judging from the backlash from the rubs, yuppies and newbies...I think it's safe for now.
Enjoy the show for what it is...a television show, but appreciate the fact that they did do some homework on a few things in an effort to atleast capture some sort of reality.

D

Old 09-20-2008, 04:57 PM
SecretAgent
Cruiser

Originally Posted by last saint
Agent is exactly right. Ness fairings on most except for Clay's. The HD quarter fairing is made for narrow glide front ends but it can easily be adapted to the newer 49mm front ends.
I've really enjoyed the show. Sure it's over the top...but it's Hollywood. For the most part, they got a lot of things right. Like the bikes. A lot of clubs, including mine, ride dynas in this style. Fairings, suspension and performance upgrades. Why? Because they handle well and are a lot easier on the body when doing long runs. I've seen numerous people on this board make statements about how no true outlaw clubs would ride bikes like this. Guess what? THEY'RE WRONG!!!!! These bikes have become the standard for a lot of clubs...along with Road Glides, Electra Glides, Road Kings etc. Ofcourse, the great FXR is still the bike of choice for many. Personally, I'm glad that Hollywood actually took the time to dig through and find things such as the bikes in the show to make it more in line with what's really going on. How much research did they do? Quite a bit when you consider that most people that are riding these days and some on this very forum don't even realize that bikes set up in this particular manner IS the norm with a lot of clubs. True, it may not be what you're used to seeing in your particular part of the world...but it is out there. And NOT just in California. The flip side is that I cringe because they're exposing a style that was pretty much underground until now. I've been building bikes like this for several years and I hate to see it get commercialized like so many other things have been. But judging from the backlash from the rubs, yuppies and newbies...I think it's safe for now.
Enjoy the show for what it is...a television show, but appreciate the fact that they did do some homework on a few things in an effort to atleast capture some sort of reality.

D
agreed. the fxr and fxst have been the bike of choice for many clubs for years. most of the bandidos in my area ride the same as well. the fxr has ALWAYS been the 81 bike of choice too. they've always been about function over form. and the dyna/fxr fits the bill perfectly.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:13 PM
NOLAMike
Road Master

I had a chuckle at the last episode I'm not sure the writers intended. The young blond guy was about to punch a guy in the face and said he was making a "citizens arrest." I think it was supposed to make him sound tough, but it reminded me of Barney Fife in an old Andy Griffith episode.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:48 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

I like the show, but those guys need shooting lessons. They can't hit ****

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sons of Anarchy