EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Ultima engines your results

Old 10-18-2008, 05:02 AM
Classic Beast
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultima engines your results

Scattered through the site are various owners of ultima engines I was hoping we could have everyone list the mileage, purchase date, size any modifications, tips, problems or anything else that could be of value to current owners or someone thinking of purchasing one.

Old 10-18-2008, 05:06 AM
Classic Beast
Tourer

Mine is a 127 ultima purchased Oct 2007, it has about 10,000 miles on it now. Really strong running engine, likes to eat clutches, tires and transmissions. Lifter noises from the beginning but not getting worse. Good on fuel, no leaks, doesn't puke any oil from the breathers. So far very happy with the motor.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:51 AM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

120" we did some head and manifold work. Runs great about 5K on it with their 6 speed. Only problem we ever had wa we tore out a brand new Velva-touch front motor mount. We now have a V-rod mount in it. We run the Barnett Scorpion clutch and are able to lift the front tire.
Ultima now has "black chrome" motors and offers a shovel head line of motors. We just got back from their dealers convention and they have a whole bunch of new products. Their motors, trannies, and belt drives are the best bang for the buck and have a great warranty, and Brian is a super Tech guy.

Old 10-19-2008, 01:08 AM
Classic Beast
Tourer

Originally Posted by miacycles
120" we did some head and manifold work. Runs great about 5K on it with their 6 speed. Only problem we ever had wa we tore out a brand new Velva-touch front motor mount. We now have a V-rod mount in it. We run the Barnett Scorpion clutch and are able to lift the front tire.
Ultima now has "black chrome" motors and offers a shovel head line of motors. We just got back from their dealers convention and they have a whole bunch of new products. Their motors, trannies, and belt drives are the best bang for the buck and have a great warranty, and Brian is a super Tech guy.
who did the head work on it and did it make much difference, I read an article in Hot bike about Kendal Johnson testing the 127 and that they really responded to headwork.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:28 AM
TheGoat
Tourer

113" I have 8500 hundred miles on the motor. I lost the ignition and had 1 lifter collapse. Ultima replaced them no questions asked plus gave me an updated set of pushrods. The motor is still stock and the only thing I tried was a 2 into 1 exhaust. Which gave the motor more punch. I put the bike on the Dyno and got 114hp and 119tq with the rev limiter shutting it down at 5500 rpm. The rev limiter is at 6000 rpm now and the motor is still making power.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:44 AM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member

We did our own head and manifold work. Don't know if it made a difference as we did it before the engine was ever started. Haven't had it on the dyno yet as we only use Dr. Dyno and have been unable to hook up with him.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:27 AM
hardluk1
Road Master

Kendall ha had several motors given to him to try to trash and the ulima held up well . All production motors can stand some headwork but not needed for a street bike, sometime it can hurt flow at different rpm's. The 113's and smaller are built to be more of a street motor. Kendall had been beeting on a motor from The DriveLine Company a while back . he had help to straight up revtec when they build the 110" and these guys at TDC are the guys from Revtec. Building a better motor in texas, and trannies but do cost more than ultima but less then the rest.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Classic Beast
Tourer

http://www.hotbikeweb.com/tech/0504h...iew/index.html
This is the link to the article. Below is a quote from that article.

With a little head modification, and I mean `a little,' you can push over 150 hp without a problem, and not suffer any reliability problems

Old 10-20-2008, 01:34 PM
Kamil
Advanced

Originally Posted by Classic Beast
http://www.hotbikeweb.com/tech/0504h...iew/index.html
This is the link to the article. Below is a quote from that article.

With a little head modification, and I mean `a little,' you can push over 150 hp without a problem, and not suffer any reliability problems
but what is realiability stock of Ultima engines? No offence here , I`m looking for new engine and Ultima has good price.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:49 PM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Kamil
but what is realiability stock of Ultima engines? No offence here , I`m looking for new engine and Ultima has good price.
There are more than a few forum members that have put a lot of miles on their Ultima's. Some had some "teething" problems like lifters etc, but Ultima made good and made changes to the future production motors. Like any engine, properly broken in and cared for it will last you quite a while. Hope this helps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ultima engines your results