Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Radio.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:57 AM
cchips
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road King Radio.

Has anyone added an after market radio to their Road King without adding a fairing? If so are you pleased, and what did you use? Thinking of something other than my iPod.

Old 12-21-2008, 01:23 AM
TRS_2000FLHRCI
Advanced

I'm thinking of adding some self powered speakers to my RK. I have an AM FM walkman radio that I will use...I just need the speakers as I don't care for the earbuds. Kuryakyn makes some powered speakers that look pretty decent called Sounds of Chrome. I prefer listening to the radio...but my cell phone has an MP3 player incase I want to listen to my personal recorded music. I would like the chance to listen to these speakers before forking out $330 for them.

Last edited by TRS_2000FLHRCI; 12-21-2008 at 01:24 AM. Reason: to fix a typo...duh
Old 12-21-2008, 01:49 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm looking at that same Sound of Chrome package. Plan to use my iPod to play thru it but may look into if an XM radio will play through them also?

Old 12-21-2008, 06:28 AM
autoxr
Intermediate

I had the road tech radio from harley on my road king .It worked very well and has a imput for ipod mp3.No problems for 25k miles.I see them on ebay all the time for a 1/3 of the new price.

Old 12-21-2008, 06:30 AM
HDUltraRider
Banned

My bud just put the Kuryakyn's powered speakers on his Road King and uses it with an ipod nano sounds pretty good.... Not quite as good as the three for the freeway setup from hog tunes I have on my ultra but pretty good..... Sorry Had to...

Old 12-21-2008, 06:43 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TRS_2000FLHRCI
I'm thinking of adding some self powered speakers to my RK. I have an AM FM walkman radio that I will use...I just need the speakers as I don't care for the earbuds. Kuryakyn makes some powered speakers that look pretty decent called Sounds of Chrome. I prefer listening to the radio...but my cell phone has an MP3 player incase I want to listen to my personal recorded music. I would like the chance to listen to these speakers before forking out $330 for them.

Just installed this system on my buddy's 08 RK trike last Sunday. very good quality, the sound is not bad at all and it Looks OK. I would say it is good cost effective way to have tunes on a scooter, especially if you have an Ipod. He found his Ipod laying on the ground at the local park, so it is an even better deal for him. Not so good for the person that lost it.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:03 AM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just intalled the 3" Rumble Road Speakers on my RKC bars. Snow and ice have prevented me from going on a decent ride but did check them out at 65MPH and sounded fine. I need one nice day to really test them out.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:45 PM
TRS_2000FLHRCI
Advanced

Any player with a 1/8" mini plug headphone jack will work with most of the different speaker setups. If your XM radio has a headphone jack it should work fine.

Originally Posted by Arizona
I'm looking at that same Sound of Chrome package. Plan to use my iPod to play thru it but may look into if an XM radio will play through them also?

Old 12-21-2008, 10:54 PM
ramnj
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any pictures? I'm going to use my Sirius Satellite on mine and probably the Kuryakyn speakers.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:05 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,177 Likes on 2,448 Posts

Originally Posted by autoxr
I had the road tech radio from harley on my road king .It worked very well and has a imput for ipod mp3.No problems for 25k miles.I see them on ebay all the time for a 1/3 of the new price.
i heard this system on a softail. wasn't impressed at all. no bass, and highly distorted, even at moderate volume.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Road King Radio.