General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Resetting the Security Module.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 05:41 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts
Default Resetting the Security Module.....

2009 Heritage Smart Security
Anyone know the sequence. I installed LED's & arming the alarm is a little funky. It is supposed to chirp twice when arming but now it takes 2 or 3 sets of chirps before it arms. I was told to reset the Security module by Custom Dynamics but can't get past the right blinker switch setting in step 4. Everything else works fine:

17) How do you reset the TSSM Security module on 2001 and newer Harley Davidsons?
Please be sure load equalizer module is properly installed.
  1. Be sure run/off switch is in the off position.
  2. Turn ignition key switch on, off, on, off, then on.
  3. Quickly, depress left turn signal switch and release, repeat. Turn signal indicators will flash 1-3 times, do not continue unless turn signals respond.
  4. Depress right turn signal switch and release. Your turn signal indicator light will flash 1 time.
  5. Depress right turn signal switch and release. Your turn signal indicator light will flash 2 times.
  6. Depress right turn signal switch and release. Your turn signal indicator light will flash 3 times.
  7. Depress left turn signal switch and release. Your turn signal indicators will flash trouble codes.
  8. Depress and hold left turn signal for 4 to 5 seconds until turn signal indicator flashes twice.
  9. Turn ignition key switch to off position.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:33 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Btt......

The following users liked this post:
2002deuce (07-11-2018)
Old 02-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you get the type equalizer intended for self-cancelling turn signals, and do your blinkers flash at a normal rate?

Old 02-09-2009, 10:29 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Lucky
Did you get the type equalizer intended for self-cancelling turn signals, and do your blinkers flash at a normal rate?

I got the one below. I also have the HD Run/Turn/Brake module. It all works fine including the blinkers. I changed to smoke lenses & all led's. I also did the fender tip lights & converted the rear tip light to a run/brake light. I previously installed the Panacea system on my 06 & all is well with that one. The 09 does what it supposed to except for the quirky arming of the alarm.

Street Magic Signal Stabilizer (Load Equalizer)
Fits Harley Davidson from 1991 to Present Plug and Play on '96-'09 Softails, '97-'09 Dynas, Dressers, Road Kings, and '99-'03 Sportsters.
Simple Posi-Tap on All V-Rods and '04 and New XLs Alarm Compatible, No Heat, No Load, 100% Waterproof 5 Year Manufacture Warranty Installation Instructions ITEM#: Signal_Stabilizer http://www.customdynamics.com/loadequalizer.htm

Last edited by golfblues; 02-11-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:53 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

I still have a delay with arming the system The LED's, blinkers & brake lights all work properly but it takes 2 or 3 cycles of double chirps for the alarm to set. Custom Dynamics is still looking into it. Anyone got a clue?

Old 06-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Fattire_Biker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the Custom Dynamics front and rear LED signal lights along with the run/turn/brake module. My signal lights blink at a very fast rate. I've tried the method that they outline (that you posted above) several times. I can't get past the 4th step either. Rather than resetting the TSSM. Following their steps it puts me into re-programing the PIN for the alarm system. I called them and they stated that if the first method doesn't work to try this.... Turn on the left signal for 2 blinks, turn on the right signal for 2 blinks, turn on the left signal for at least 10 blinks and finally turn on the right signal for at least 10 blinks. This didn't work for me either.

I just stumbled across another thread this evening suggesting disconnecting the battery for several minutes. For what it's worth, I am going to give that a try as I ain't having much luck otherwise. Hope you have better luck.