Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bagger handlebars

Old 02-20-2009, 04:15 PM
scooter_trash_1
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bagger handlebars

Thiinking about doing the +2 thing on my SG due to reach pain in the middle of my back on long rides. Have drivers backrest installed , however that was at the end of our riding season and I havent got to try it yet. Wondering about all the issues involved? In the way of the fairing mounted mirrors?, I want to keep them. figured longer clutch cable is a given...what else? Will be doing the work myself...What manufacturer has what I need? Wrist angles? Measurements? thanks in advance...Scooter

Old 02-20-2009, 04:32 PM
db2753
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Scooter,
I had the Wild 1 575's installed. Needed +3 Clutch Cable & 1 piece clamp. I also have the adjustable back rest and both made a huge difference with the shoulder, arm & back pain. Still have the butt pain some but that is another problem. The link below, that guy has everything you need. Also Gloogle Wild 1 575 and you can find out more information.

http://www.hdbikeparts.com/

Old 02-20-2009, 05:14 PM
FLTR2008TRIKE
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I helped a buddy put the Wild Ones 575 Chubby bars on his SG and he ended up having to get handlebar mounted mirrors. Fortunately he got a painted inner fairing to put on as well that was brand new from the MoCo and it didnt have fairing mounted mirror hole drilled in to it.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Ghostrek
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do a search for Street Glide Handle Bars or the name BertK and you will find a very good in depth post where BertK changed the handle bars on his 2008 SG. He provides part numbers, prices, links and pictures. I printed the entire post and links out and plan to use his post plus my manual to do the swap.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:09 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by scooter_trash_1
Thiinking about doing the +2 thing on my SG due to reach pain in the middle of my back on long rides. Have drivers backrest installed , however that was at the end of our riding season and I havent got to try it yet. Wondering about all the issues involved? In the way of the fairing mounted mirrors?, I want to keep them. figured longer clutch cable is a given...what else? Will be doing the work myself...What manufacturer has what I need? Wrist angles? Measurements? thanks in advance...Scooter
I'm 5'9" and with the riders backrest and pillow seat with a 1/2" forward mod, it took care of the reach problem. If you can get your seat modded to move you closer to the bars, it's easier, cheaper and you can still use your fairing mount mirrors. Something to think about....

Old 02-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Cooldaddygroove
Intermediate

Take a look at the following manufacturers:

Roland Sands
Chromewerks: http://www.khromewerks.com/
Carlini Apes: http://www.carlinidesign.com/handleb...ino-ape125.php
Wild 1 Chubby's: http://www.wild1inc.com/
Paul Yaffe: http://www.baggernation.com/products-bars.htm

I just finished installing Carlini's "Chino" apes on my Road Glide. 12" rise and I didn't have to change one cable or wire. Only had to re-route the clutch cable.

Attached Thumbnails Bagger handlebars-chinos-rear-medium-.jpg  
Old 02-20-2009, 07:46 PM
SDO6
Intermediate

Did my 07 SG with 575 last fall and only got about 100 miles on before the first snow. It was pretty easy with pictures and directions off of the forum. I don't remember were I got them. I did notice that when I looked at the mirrors I saw more of my hand but I think I can adjust. I am not moving my mirrors either. I left the stock clutch cable on at the time...had to re-route on the inside of the bat wing and will get a longer clutch cable on before the season starts again. I really enjoyed the new bars for as little as I rode it.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Oldman Harley
Road Captain

I installed Flanders #650-08725 these bars are 2" taller and have at least 2" more pullback than the stock SG bars. I am a small guy by Harley standards 5'5" with a 28in inseam and needed these bars to ride comfortably. I installed a +3 clutch cable and had to notch the bars for the TBW and cut a center hole for the wires. The front brake hose is long enough as is all of the other wires.

Clutch Cable #38649-08

Tim

Old 02-20-2009, 09:24 PM
odie-in-az
Tourer

Originally Posted by scooter_trash_1
Hey bro, I have the same problem on long rides. I too got the riders back rest and that eliminated the pain. It took the weight of my shoulders and put me in a relaxed position. You ought to try a long ride before you start changing things out unless you just want new bars.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:24 AM
Keith E.
Advanced

'07 & '09 Ultra, both have had the adj. backrest which helps but will still be doing the bars on this one. I'm 5'10", 30" inseam. Seems about +2" up & +2" back would do it for my needs.

Keith

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bagger handlebars