Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Dyna 2000i interface wiring question

Old 05-01-2006, 12:36 PM
Spectrexx
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Dyna 2000i interface wiring question

Hi all!

I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem I ran into this weekend.

I am using the programmable Dyna 2000i ignition systems and the cable from the short interface cable to the serial connector is broken (caught in a drawer and pulled off the end). Can anyone give me the pin-out for the wires? I just need to know which pins on the ignition interface end connector goes to which pins on the serial connector. I'd hate to have to buy a new cable if I can fix this one. Thanks!!!!

Old 05-04-2006, 10:59 AM
Spectrexx
Tourer
Default RE: Dyna 2000i interface wiring question

Anyone have one of these interface cables? You can check the pins with a meter.

Old 05-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Spectrexx
Tourer

How do I delete a post????? [&:]

Old 05-17-2006, 12:28 AM
Spectrexx
Tourer

I can't believe that NO ONE has the Dyna 2000i ignition programming kit..... Amazing!

Old 05-19-2006, 03:19 PM
chuckles1856
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have one but I was looking into getting a 2000i for my bike as I've got no spark therefore some part of my ignition is hosed. I would love to find out too cause I really don't want to spend $100 bucks for the cable and software. I do have a question you might know, what are the switches for on the module itself? Are they to set the advance curves manually? Only reason I ask is cause Dyna is selling one without the switches and I was wondering if I could install it with out using programming kit and have a running bike?
Do you still have all the parts of the cable end that broke off? The only reason I ask is cause I've spliced open cable connectors before just to find out which pins go where. You may be able to do the same thing here? It might look ugly but it may work?

I'll look around and see what I can find. And in the mean time burn me a copy of that software. Just kidding. ;-)

Ed

Old 05-22-2006, 11:19 AM
Spectrexx
Tourer

My cable is pretty much shot, so I'll probably make a new one. I can get the connectors at mouser.com.

I have the "in cone" dyna ignition with the DIP switches on it. Yes, you can select from 4 different pre-programmed curves using the switches. You can also select between single and dual fire, as well as setting the rev limit and whether or not to use the VOES (for turbo applications). They have the instructions on their website if you want the details. I like being able to program my own curves. My bike had some detonation problems between 1500 and 2500 rpm using the built-in curves, so I modified the most agressive curve by cutting back the advance slightly in that range and now it's running well. I still have some tweaking to, but screwed up the cable so I'm stuck now.

Old 05-22-2006, 07:45 PM
chuckles1856
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right On! Yeah I just bought a 2000i single fire kit today. Did you install yours? I was just wondering cause I'm pulling off all the old stock crap and my pick up plate wires run to the module and they go under the starter and in between the oil tank and frame. It's looks like a real pain in the butt to get 'em out and re run the wires. But I thought maybe I could run them up the front of the bike to the coil? That way I wouldn't have to take off all kinds of crap?

I looked on some other fourms for that 2000i pin out but found nothing. Seems like someone should have that thing.

Ed

Old 05-23-2006, 02:01 PM
Spectrexx
Tourer

Yes, I do all my own maintenance... have been for almost 30 years of riding HDs. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my machines.

What I did to run the wires was to securely tape a piece of 16 gauge wire to one end, then pulled it through with the old wire. Then I attached the new wires to the 16 ga piece and pulled it through. It's just like using a fish tape to pull wires through a wall in a house. Of course, you can route them anywhere you like. It's your bike. Do whatever you feel comfortable with.

Old 05-31-2006, 12:33 PM
Spectrexx
Tourer

Back to the top again. Does ANYONE have the programming kit for the 2000i who can help me out????

Old 06-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Spectrexx
Tourer

How do I delete a post????? [&:]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dyna 2000i interface wiring question