General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson in the first X-Men Movie

Old 05-28-2006, 04:06 AM
Conundrum
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Davidson in the first X-Men Movie

This winter, when prices drop, I've talked my dad into getting a Harley when I get mine. I was having trouble finding one I liked, then I was watching the very first X-Men movie and Wolverine took off on the bike at the end. I only caught a glimpse of the bike but it appeared to have the plain styling and wide aggressive stance I'm looking for. It might have some custom features and I'm new to Harley's so I'm having identifying the exact type of bike it is. If anybody happens to know the model, you'd be helping me find the bike I love.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12841/BD97195485364CF9A0DFDF58DB8E90C8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/12841/DD679DBF6FF94C3196CCBDA823C5C6E9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-28-2006, 06:47 AM
pointswhat
Road Captain
Default RE: Harley Davidson in the first X-Men Movie

As far as I can tell it was a one of a kind Titan motorcycle made just for the movie. Although you might like a roadking.

the quate can be found HERE

Reported by Comics2Film, 3/28/2000:
Titan Motorcycle Co. of America announced this week that it has reached an agreement with Marvel Enterprises, Inc. Under the terms of the agreement, Titan will produce a one-of-a-kind X-Men motorcycle, which will be featured in the much-anticipated July 14, 2000 release by 20th Century Fox of The X-Men -- based on Marvel Comics' best-selling series for more than 20 years.

As the leading character's motorcycle, the specially commissioned Titan will be featured prominently in the movie. The custom Roadrunner model will also make cameo appearances in pre-release promotions. X-men fans can anticipate the production of two separate toys, with both toys and packaging sporting the Titan logo. A collectible die cast replica of the starring Titan motorcycle will be produced as well.

"We are pleased to be associated with this long-anticipated release, which already has such a solid following," said Mark Green, director of marketing. "Marvel Enterprises and its cast of adventure characters are known the world over, and we are especially enthusiastic about the potential for global market exposure," he said.

Founded in 1994, Titan is a premier designer, manufacturer and distributor of high-end, American-made, V-twin engine motorcycles marketed under various Titan trademarks. Titan's unique, hand-built configurations, including the Geckoâ„¢, Roadrunnerâ„¢, Sidewinderâ„¢, and Phoenixâ„¢ represent the finest available in custom- designed, volume-produced, performance motorcycles.

Old 05-28-2006, 09:22 AM
103FLHX
Road Master

Doesn't look like a Harley. Has Dyna shock setup, but a large headlight nacelle, which I don't think anything in the Dyna set-up has.

Must be a Titan?

[sm=icon_guiness.gif]

Old 05-29-2006, 12:15 AM
Conundrum
Stage III

No wonder I was having such a damn problem finding it online. Well going from the picture can you recommend a general year and Harley that I might want to check out. I've looked at Road Kings and they're a bit too much in terms of shear mass than I want for my first bike. I'm starting to like the looks of some of the Softail models. The bike I'm looking for needs to have a wide stance and fairly low slung. Any suggestions, advice, etc. will be appreciated.

Old 05-29-2006, 12:22 AM
IAHOG
Tourer

Lowrider!

Old 05-29-2006, 12:29 AM
WoodyHD
Road Warrior

My guess is Lowrider with accessory headlight nacelle.

Old 05-29-2006, 12:32 AM
scooterbooter
Tourer

Its a v-rod, they made two especially for the movie, and you can have a chance to win one of them, by going to your local dealer and filling out a sweepstakes entry.

edited to add picture
Name:  x3_wallpaper02.jpg
Views: 5004
Size:  41.0 KB

Old 05-29-2006, 12:35 AM
WoodyHD
Road Warrior

OMG scooterbooter, that is for XMen III, not # I.

Old 05-29-2006, 12:45 AM
scooterbooter
Tourer

The first movie's bike was based on this
fans of the upcoming Fox feature film X-Men will be able to buy toy models of the one-of-a-kind motorcycle Wolverine rides in the movie. Titan Motorcycle Co. of Phoenix is making the real bike, a custom Roadrunner model, which will also be featured in promotions for the film, the company announced.

the most recent incarnation is a titan gecko

http://www.titanmotorcycles.com/geckos.htm

Old 05-29-2006, 01:03 AM
WoodyHD
Road Warrior

Hope I can win the sweepstakes for the X III movie, then I will be in REAL good with my girlfriend. I would give it to her of course!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Harley Davidson in the first X-Men Movie