Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride Time Tech LED tail light

Old 04-06-2009, 09:15 PM
The Old Man
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Ride Time Tech LED tail light

Hi all,
Well in an effort to light up the back of my bike like a christmas tree I opted for LED tailight from RIDETIME Tech. http://www.ridetimetechnology.com/tail_sr.htm
It has turned out to be just what I wanted and has 100 led's and with shipping it was $99.00.
I did learn something interesting that I figured to pass along. When I bought the bike I had the dealer install the AUX running light,brake light and turn signal module. Its part number is 69461-06A. I ordered it cause a friend of mine has what I thought was the same thing on his 03 Road King. His unit makes his turn signal come on light brake lights and still are used as turn signal. Pretty slick I thought. Well when I bought the above module from Harley I found out that there was a change in the model and now it is running lights/turn signal only. Not bad as it comes with the red lens etc... Well when I installed the led brake lights now the turn signals come on as brake lights as I originaly wanted also. Don't know how it does it but I am happy as a clam. I called Keith at Ride time and he never heard of it acting that way. He said hes going to check it out. Any way Keith seems like a stand up guy and really knows his product. The LED's are brighter, about 3 or 4 times brighter.
AND they were 35 or 40 dollars cheaper then Harleys.

Last edited by The Old Man; 04-06-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:19 AM
hojones
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

My guess is you had a loose connection some place preventing the module from making the turn signals operate as brake lights. Sometimes where you plug the module in a pin will back out in the plug.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:49 PM
The Old Man
Road Master

Oh...Thanks I thought that it was a new part number that did not have the brake lights set up that way. Works now so I am happy.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Is the new tail light 3 or 4 times brighter than the stock one or the Harley LED part?
I was talking to Keith about the tail light and I'll probably get one , I was ordering the rear glide lights and FlashR setup at the time.
The tail light looks like a great deal and I was curious as to the intensity of it.
I went with the Badlands brake/running light/load equalizer with the thinking that I would replace most lights with LED over time.
So far I like his stuff.
Mick

Old 04-07-2009, 08:54 PM
ms3300
Road Captain

if you really wanna light up that rear end, look into his fender tip tail/brake light..that is a nice accessory. i installed one on my 08 egc a few mos back and love it. it is a direct plug in play replacement for that dim little fender tip light that is currently there. makes a much brighter running light and illuminates as a brake light too. all this and was an ez install.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:59 PM
dgretz
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on the ridetime LED tailights. Have them on our SG and XL.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:45 AM
The Old Man
Road Master

Originally Posted by Mick
Is the new tail light 3 or 4 times brighter than the stock one or the Harley LED part?
I was talking to Keith about the tail light and I'll probably get one , I was ordering the rear glide lights and FlashR setup at the time.
The tail light looks like a great deal and I was curious as to the intensity of it.
I went with the Badlands brake/running light/load equalizer with the thinking that I would replace most lights with LED over time.
So far I like his stuff.
Mick
yes 3 or 4 times brighter.........and a very easy install.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:18 AM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Old Man...Sounds great you had an awesome experience! Always nice to hear the positive when something unexpected happens!

Ride Safe, Mike

Old 01-05-2010, 04:27 PM
big_e78
Cruiser

Does the Harley run-turn-brake module work with the ridetime LED tail light
setup?

Old 01-06-2010, 03:03 PM
The Old Man
Road Master

Yes it does...no change in any operation......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ride Time Tech LED tail light