Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring Seats - Which is the best?

Old 05-11-2009, 10:47 AM
JOESKIDOO
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Touring Seats - Which is the best?

I am looking for opinions and ratings on touring seat? More for passenger comfort. I've tried the HD Sundowner and wasn't overly impressed. There must be better ones out there? Mustang, Corbin Etc. Please mention the make and model of the ones you have or tried. Looking to make the best purchase.. Tks

Old 05-11-2009, 11:29 AM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 452 Likes on 283 Posts

When it comes to seats, your are going to get about as many "opinions" as there are different seats.

Everyone has their idea of what is best.

I have the Harley touring seat on my Fat Bob, for when the wife goes with me. She loves it.
Of course it doesn't look as good as the stock seat.

Your going to hear some guys tell you that this really cool very thin seat is perfect for two-up riding comfort.
But that is with their wife/girlfriend riding on there.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Black Bart
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ever thought about having it re-stuffed? Try Mean City Cycles. They have varying levels of comfort. This is what I intend on doing with my seat. I like the stock look, but with a little extra/better padding it can make all the difference.

Bart

Old 05-11-2009, 02:58 PM
ssls6
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

I like corbins but know many guys that hate corbins so I would not recommend a corbin to you unless you've owned them in the past. The corbin on my DWG is a Solo+pillion+backrest. A backrest is a must have with foot forward controls and mini apes IMHO. It takes the weight off your arms and the firm foam doesn't create hot spots.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:59 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

my trouring seat is my STOCK seat! i love htat sucker!

Old 05-11-2009, 03:09 PM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're going to have to experiment dude. One mans garbage is another man's treasure and all that. i can do a good 150-200 miles between rests with my wife on the seat I have, but that's just me.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:18 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member

Mustang Wide Vintage. If you want comfort for yourself as well I would look at the Mustang solo with backrest and the pillion pad for the passenger.

Nice thing about Mustang is they will give you a couple of weeks to try it out. If you don't like it just send it back.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Morloka
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ssls6
I like corbins but know many guys that hate corbins so I would not recommend a corbin to you unless you've owned them in the past. The corbin on my DWG is a Solo+pillion+backrest. A backrest is a must have with foot forward controls and mini apes IMHO. It takes the weight off your arms and the firm foam doesn't create hot spots.
+1 one on the corbin, but mine is solo, so I cant rate the passenger comfort, though we just ordered a dual tour for the sportie I will add to this post in a week or so when we get it and have put some miles on it. Also I agree completely on the backrest for forwards and mini apes I could be happier with my seat, but like ssls6 says lots of folks dont care for hem

Old 05-11-2009, 03:23 PM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the HD Touring also...love it. Multiple 400 & 500 days last Sept., and never any discomfort. I have a Sundowner that I haven't even tested on the bike yet...they look pretty similar, though.

Old 05-11-2009, 04:05 PM
firefighter3666
Road Master

I had a Mustang on a previous bike, my FXDBI came used with a Corbin Dual Tour. I wasn't sure I'd like it, but it's a great seat and wouldn't consider changing it. Like others have said, what one person considers comfortable, other's don't like. Good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Touring Seats - Which is the best?