Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I relocate turn signals?

Old 05-21-2009, 07:06 AM
Backwoodsrider
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I relocate turn signals?

Looking to relocate front turn signals from the bars on my 2008 street bob down to the fork tubes but all the kits I have found are for much smaller fork tubes. The forks on the bob are around 51mm. Any ideas?

Old 05-21-2009, 07:13 AM
Rauzer
Road Captain

Should be 49mm, no?

HD and Kury make relocation kits...

Old 05-21-2009, 08:54 AM
LeavenworthJeff
Cruiser

Drag Specialities has a kit for like $20. This kit doesn't let the turn signals stick out so far like the HD one. Plenty of write ups and posts on this. Do a search on this this. Also look in the under $50 mod section. Some just used two of the same side bracket (can't remember which side it is) and drilled them out. I have the Drag Spec kit, but mine is for an 05 SG (39mm).

LeavenworthJeff

Old 05-21-2009, 08:59 AM
DynaDan
Tourer

I got this idea from a few guys in the How To Under 50 bucks thread.

You already have one of these on your bike. Your turn signal on one side uses it. I went to the dealer to get another and the parts guy went in the back and found one in the service department and gave it to me. If you can't get a freebie, I think they cost about $11.

Remove the lower (or upper, whichever you prefer) pinch bolts on your triple trees. You will have to drill out the signal mount hole just a hair to get the bolt through. Put the mount on and tighten the bolt back up, and mount your sigs. Very easy.

Once you put the signals on, you don't even really see the mount. This puts the signals nice and tight up against the forks. I like it better than any of the kits I have seen...Plus it was FREE!

Old 05-21-2009, 09:11 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

How to relocate signals:

Tell them to get a job and then throw them out of the house.

Seriously though, if you look in the under $50 thread there is a how-to for using the existing hardware which someone posted a picture of ealier in this thread. It's nice. Keeps the signals tucked in close. The HD kit has them sticking out a mile and half from the forks. Looks dorky, no offense to anyone using them but it's true.

The only thing you have to do is drill out the hole on the brackets to 3/8" for the fork pinch bolts to fit through.

You'll need two of the brackets that you drill, in the photo. The other won't work for this application. Can get another one at the dealer for a few bucks. Make sure you have a couple new/sharp 3/8 drill bits. The steel is damn hard. I broke 3 bits drilling mine.

Last edited by SC-Longhair; 05-21-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:25 AM
Spastik
Intermediate

Just installed the HD ones on mine and it looks great! It was the BIGGEST pain in the *** to do of all the crap I put on my bike LOL Damn exhause and stage I took half the time of the damn signals BAH!!!

Old 05-21-2009, 01:06 PM
thomaskray
Road Master

Damn that looks good.

I got the clapmps on mine from Drag Spec. Yours looks much cleaner. Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:16 PM
fiend138
Road Captain

If you have the cash these a freaking nice, if I had the cash I would be running them.

http://www.customdynamics.com/wrap_a...ork_clamps.htm

Old 05-21-2009, 01:31 PM
sddynagus
Novice

Originally Posted by Loner Industries
If you have the cash these a freaking nice, if I had the cash I would be running them.

I know whats going on my X-Mas wish list.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:34 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do I relocate turn signals?