Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

fuelpak, Ridemaxx, or Cobra Fi2000

Old 06-19-2009, 09:10 AM
klrhd13
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fuelpak, Ridemaxx, or Cobra Fi2000

Looking for a reliable plug and play. I have a 2007 FXST with a stage 1 download, Vance and Hines BSS, and a Hi Flow AF. I want to cool this bike down. I don't plan on doing any engine mods. I just need a strong reliable fuel mgt system. Thanks for the help.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:59 AM
jmg343
Cruiser

Im in the exact same boat as you with the exact same bike. But, I am going with the TTS Mastertune. Who knows? Maybe 5-6 years down the line I will do some motor work on this bike, but as of now it doesnt look like I will. I have no experience with the modules you've listed but do have experience with the PCIII and it wasnt a good experience. Someone recommended the cobras to me but didnt have much info or knowledge to share. I didnt like the fuelpack because it goes in the same location as the PCIII where it gets assaulted with rain, road grit, pebbles, etc. Don't know if this helps you any, just my .02

Old 06-19-2009, 10:00 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,930 Likes on 1,914 Posts

TTS or power commander.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:10 AM
nervinosis
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On another board I asked for help with this same issue. I get one or two word answers. There's no rationale behind the choices and given the huge numbers of different models out there, one has to do SOMETHING better than the others. My FLH is like yours--pipes, AC, and map. I might do cams soon. Ask the guys down at the local shop and they just say "POWERCOMMANDER". However, there's no explanation of why except for the big logo on the wall. I guess if I sold fords I would recommend mustangs over corvettes too. Good luck. I'll watch here and maybe somebody with a brain can explain what and why.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:52 AM
broeschi
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fi2000 and Cobra pipes

I put the cobra pipes on my bike along with a K&N intake kit. I wanted a little louder exhaust, I liked the style of the exhaust and because I didn't want to get into all the tuning issues I went with the Fi2000. It was preset for my bike, I installed it without too much trouble and it works. I did notice a slight kick in horsepower but nothing that I could confirm as I didn't dyno it. I have had no trouble with the setup and would recommend it based on my experience.
I can't say it cooled the bike, I didn't measure the exhaust temperature before or after. It still runs hot but a few degrees difference at those temperatures is not detectable by feel. The pipes did blue immediately after install but the heat shields are still shiny. I don't call them heat shields anyway, I call them bling preservation devices.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:16 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I went with the PowerCommander V from FuelMoto on my bike. It has the ability to add an autotune module with wideband O2 sensors, it came premapped by FuelMoto for my bike. They have great customer service and a great price. The PCV is small and is easily configured via a computer if you want to tweak the settings yourself or you can just plug and play. It allows you to switch between maps and is supported by a wide number of shops if you care to go that route. The AT module automatically changes the fule mixture as conditions or your options change.

The richer mixture cooled the bike down and increased the performance on the seat-of-the pants dyno. I have not had a dyno done but the increase is easily felt.

I recommend the PCV.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:27 PM
klrhd13
Cruiser

Thanks guys for the input. It helps a bit. I think I am looking for opinion and experiences with anything out there. TTS? who makes that?

Thanks again,

Old 06-19-2009, 07:08 PM
jmg343
Cruiser

TTS makes it. It is called the TTS Mastertune. TTS stands for The Turbo Shop, its a place out in California run by Steve Cole. Steve is a legendary tuner, inventor, fabricator, and allround great guy with years of experience in the highest levels of professional motorsports. He makes good ****.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:34 PM
klrhd13
Cruiser

Thanks

Old 06-19-2009, 11:54 PM
speedjunkie
Road Captain

Another vote for TTS here as well. I originally went with the tmax with A/T for my stage 1. I kept it when I went BB this spring. I just wasn't happy with the performance. So, per my builders original recommendations, I went with the TTS. MUUUUUUUUUUUCH better!!! No more heat than I had before, more power, and much better fuel mileage! I'm sold!

For about the same money as the others you have mentioned, you could have the TTS. No boxes to add in any way shape or form. Easy!

Good luck!

Mike

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: fuelpak, Ridemaxx, or Cobra Fi2000