General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fox Creek Leather

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 04:11 AM
markaug
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fox Creek Leather

Anyone from Canada purchase any of their products? How is shipping, duty and GST?

Mark

Old 06-17-2006, 09:22 AM
Jezcruzen
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: Fox Creek Leather

Call 'em
1-800-766-4165

Old 06-17-2006, 11:16 AM
One Terrific Hog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, I can't say enough good about Fox Creek Leather. They make a reasonably priced riding jacket. Now they ain't horsehide but they make better jackets than HD and the leather is comfortable. Their service is excellent too. Contacted me all durring the purchase by email. My Classics II is fine and those vents add some comfort too. If you got the money I would recomend Aero Leather or Lost Worlds but they cost real dollars. That's why I went with Fox Creek as the leather is thick and comfortable just not waterproof like Front Quarter Horsehide.

Wilbur

Old 06-17-2006, 11:25 AM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got one of their fork bags. Got it in three days. Heavy harness leather and well put together. Not like the flimsy stuff you get from the stealer.

Old 06-17-2006, 11:54 AM
markaug
Stage IV

Was just wondering about duty having it shipped to Canada. How much the government will ding you?

Mark

Old 06-17-2006, 01:54 PM
campdreamer47
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi markaug...do the math this way. For the most part just add 15% to your order for duty,taxes whatever I paid about $130 extra fees on a $600.00 order from the US( not including shipping). Now the Canadian Dollar is great right now so you have that in your favour. Don't forget this 15% extra is over and above the US to Canadian Dollar cost. So a $500.00 US Dollar Jacket well run you around $647.00 Canadian...then there's shipping which will depaend on where you live and by what method you ship. My guess is that a $500.00 US Jacket would cost around $700.00-$750.00 Canadian to your door. Hope this helps.

Old 06-17-2006, 01:59 PM
Geoseismic
Road Captain

I've purchased the Classic II jacket, Buffalo Nickel vest, Braided chaps, Dyna saddle bags, tool bag, and two pairs of gloves from Fox Creek Leather. I returned the jacket twice for sleeve zipper replacement. The zippers were "USA" brand on the sleeves while they used "YKK" brand for all other zippers. The second return, I asked them to install "YKK" zippers in the sleeves. They did, and I have had no further problems with the zippers. My chap zipper broke and the snaps were worn to the point that they wouldn't hold. They replaced the the zipper and snaps. Fox Creek is not the best, and their not the cheapest or most expensive, but they have a high quality product that can stand up to anything produced by HD. They offer a lifetime warranty on all their US made leather products. The warranty is not fluff either. They will repair or replace anything that fails on their product. Try and find another US company that stands behind their product for life.
I have two compaints with the jacket and chaps. First compaint is the weight of the leather. These things are heavy!!! Too heavy to be worn in 80+ degree weather. The jacket has a removable liner and is ventilated which helps. I usually just wear a lighter weight leather in the summer. Second complaint is the hardware (buttons/zippers) color which is only offered in antique brass/brass. I would like the option of silver buttons and zippers.
All that said, I don't think you can go wrong investing in Fox Creek leather.

Old 06-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Motogo
Road Captain

I rode from GA, to VA to see them personally , nice folks ..but unless you've been there you wouldn't believe their location....lol

Old 06-17-2006, 05:54 PM
HDFAN
Road Master

I agree with One terrific. You just can't miss with Fox Creek. I have a pair of their chaps, and they drip quality. AND, NO SEAMS on the front.