Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Butty Buddy seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Dutch550
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Butty Buddy seat

I recently saw an ad in a magazine for a Butty Buddy seat which is a seat that u put over the existing passenger pillion. They say it gives you more support about 13.5inches wide. It looks to be a fix for my wifes aching ***. Has anyone ever used one of these? And what do you think about it or what did your passenger think most importantly? I ride a 2008 fat bob. The website is buttybuddy.com and they have testimonials but i feel like I can never trust those since they were put there by the manufacturer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:43 AM
larazauk
Tourer
Default RE: Butty Buddy seat

I posted the same question a while ago (search) and got a few replies.

From what I remember the consensus was that my wifes butt must be too big to need one of these (if only they knew lol)

Seriously if you get one feedback please as I wanna get rid of that ugly pillion pad and fit a corbin solo

Old 02-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Steve Zodiac
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The girl in the pictures on their web site has a nice ****.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Easy Ryder
Advanced

there's this
http://www.amspecialtiesusa.com/gelpad.htm

Old 02-14-2008, 08:10 PM
chrisu
Advanced

One of the guys at work bought one for his wife. He let me borrow it and I set it up and my wife tried it out. She really liked it. I have a modified Badlander seat that is pretty comfy and my wife is fine on it, but she said she could see using the Buttybuddy on longer trips. It has plenty of adjustment and also some straps with hooks to attach it to the fender struts. It is well made if maybe a bit pricey. I could see buying it if you have a low profile seat and like that look for running around town but want some extra comfort for the OL when going some distance. It comes with a small carrying pouch and can be broken down into several small pieces for storage in a saddlebag, etc.

Hope this helps.

By the way, my wife ain't big but she ain't no twig either. Just has nice hips that need some extra support, if you know what I mean.

Old 02-15-2008, 03:15 AM
towboattrash34
Banned

i got a gel pad for me..it helps on long rides..here is a link.... http://www.amspecialtiesusa.com/gelpad.htm

Old 07-06-2009, 09:33 AM
carverdave
6th Gear
Smile Butty Buddy

Just got one for my wife last week. She has hip problems and needs a much wider seat. I have an 09 Road King Classic which has the narrow passenger pillion. I had even had the seat modified by MeanCityCycles with the comfort rider option for the passenger. I should have gone for the wide mod because it did not widen it enough for her to be comfortable. Don't get me wrong, they did a great job and I really like what they did with the driver seat. I can ride all day without butt burn.

I thought I would try one last thing for the wifie and get the Butty Buddy. Got it last Friday and we went for a three hour ride yesterday. She told me she felt like she could go on long rides now because this seat was very comfortable and supported her well. In fact when we got home she was shocked that we were gone three hours. Usually after about an hour she was at the point she could barley walk. With the Butty Buddy she had no problems at all. Thank Butty Buddy! I can now take my wife with me on those long away from home trips. I think that's a good thing, right guys?

Old 07-06-2009, 09:47 AM
alb84z31t
Advanced

My wife stumbled upon that website also for her. She has issues with my stock seat. I looked at it. My concern is the pressure placed on the existing seat. It looks like it would cause tears in the leather. Has anyone had one for any significant time that can confirm or deny this?

Old 07-06-2009, 05:31 PM
skipper469
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Talking

I just happen to know the owner of Butty Buddy, and I can tell you, he sells a lot of them because they are REALLY comfortable and well made, and at a fraction of the cost of a mount on seat such as a Sundowner etc. His wife uses one, so you know he believes in and trusts his product 100%. I truly love the product, and would highly recommend it!

Old 07-06-2009, 05:33 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by alb84z31t
My wife stumbled upon that website also for her. She has issues with my stock seat. I looked at it. My concern is the pressure placed on the existing seat. It looks like it would cause tears in the leather. Has anyone had one for any significant time that can confirm or deny this?
worried more about your seat than your ole ladies ***? her if she reads your post lmao>>>>>>>

Quick Reply: Butty Buddy seat