Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Alarm flashes, doesn't recognize my key fob.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:53 PM
GodFather
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP! Alarm flashes, doesn't recognize my key fob.

I went to garage this past Sunday and got the bike ready for a nice ride. Saddlebags loaded up, my girl on back, go to turn the ignition on and the lights/turn signals just flash...repeadily.

Thought, ok my key fob battery is weak or dead, so I go upstairs to get the other fob. No luck. Alarm still just blinking and red key indicator on dash staying lit. So I start reading the manual on how to override this. Says there should be a 5 digit code to enter to turn off security. But as luck would have it the guy I bought it from didnt write it down. So I called him...he doesnt remember ever setting one. Great.

So I tried a few obvious numbers like 1,1,1,1,1 and 1,2,3,4,5. No luck. I then disconnected the battery, then hooked it back. No luck. Still blinking.

I start calling other Harley owners I know to ask for help. No one has an answer. So I go back to the bike (Id had left it in the 'on' position) and the red key has turned off. I fired it up and bingo...it cranks.

I put the seat on it, gear back up and we take off for a ride. When I got back home I turned it off and then waited a minute and tried to crank it again. No dice, just starts blinking at me like it doesnt recognize the key fob.

Last time I rode everything worked fine, the alarm deactivated when I got it close to the bike just like it supposed to. Now its fubared. Any suggestions on what it could be or is this a dealer issue and need to have the alarm checked out? Its a 07 Road King Classic with 4200 miles.

thanks in advance.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:02 PM
88b
Tourer

Would help if you mentioned what year / model but looking at the bottom of your post I'm guessing an 07. It's a common problem , just remove the battery from the fob and put it back quick, a couple of friends have had the same problem.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:05 PM
GodFather
Cruiser

Thanks, Ill try that.
Ps: read my entire post again, you'll see where I mention the bike and the miles...its the very last line.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:13 PM
88b
Tourer

Originally Posted by GodFather
Thanks, Ill try that.
Ps: read my entire post again, you'll see where I mention the bike and the miles...its the very last line.
sorry my bad, did it work ?

Old 08-01-2009, 02:19 PM
GodFather
Cruiser

Im at work today so I cant try it until I get home.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:51 AM
GodFather
Cruiser

The key fob battery trick didnt work. Also tried a brand new battery. Thats not it either. Any other suggestions or am I bringing this to the dealer?

Old 08-03-2009, 10:04 AM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Could be your security antennae is bad. Happened to me on my 07. System could not pick up the fob.

Mine was fixed under warranty.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:08 AM
Road Gypsy
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same thing on my 07 Road King. Just happened Friday. Used my other fob and all went well. I'll be at dealer this afternoon. Let you know what they say.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:30 AM
mech8251
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not really sure , but I believe you'll have to take it to the dealer and have the FOB's reprogrammed to your scoot's brain !!!

Old 08-03-2009, 11:29 AM
GodFather
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Road Gypsy
Same thing on my 07 Road King. Just happened Friday. Used my other fob and all went well. I'll be at dealer this afternoon. Let you know what they say.
Thanks. Let me know!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP! Alarm flashes, doesn't recognize my key fob.