Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EZ-UP Center Stand vs Harley Center Stand

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 05:44 AM
StanfordMan
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EZ-UP Center Stand vs Harley Center Stand

I have a 2009 Street Glide that I'm considering getting a center stand for. I know that there have been lots of posts about center stands for the Harley Touring bikes, but I'm wondering what people think of the Wheeldock EZ-UP Center Stand as compared to the Harley Center Stand (part #91573-09)? The Harley part retails for $329 whereas the EZ-UP sells for about $260 (and maybe less on ebay). I know the EZ-UP is supposed to be very easy to install; but what about the Harley part? Also, how the EZ-UP is supposed to be very easy to use; but what about the Harley one? Just based on the photos I've seen, I like the looks of the Harley Center Stand better than the EZ-UP; but there is quite a big price difference. What do some of you think?

Old 11-06-2009, 06:21 AM
Towboater07
Tourer

I have the eazy-up on my 07 ultra. I don't have any experince with the Harley stand but, I can asure that the eazy-up is of good quality and is eazy to put up on the stand.

Old 11-07-2009, 12:27 PM
ucommbxny
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the harley stand only pain was to get to r/s swing arm bolt had to loosen up exhaust system, for installation, like the stand. right now lake shore harley free shipping over $100.00, and they do 20% off list
www.lshd1.com/servlet/StoreFront

Old 11-07-2009, 01:32 PM
kb5rnl
Intermediate
Default Center Stands

I helped my brother install the Harley stand. It was a pain. Had to pull both mufflers, loosen both head pipes and pry out the right head pipe to get the bolt in.
I got the easy up and installed it in about 5 minutes.
Both are will made and they are about the same to get them up on the stand.

John

Old 11-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

I have a RIVCO on my 07 Classic, real nice, easy install, lifts rear wheel for easy cleaning and air presure check....

Old 11-07-2009, 04:14 PM
SA315B
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kb5rnl
I helped my brother install the Harley stand. It was a pain. Had to pull both mufflers, loosen both head pipes and pry out the right head pipe to get the bolt in.
I got the easy up and installed it in about 5 minutes.
Both are will made and they are about the same to get them up on the stand.

John
I had the EZ-up installed at Daytona, it took less than 5 minutes. The installation was free and I almost felt cheated.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:18 PM
StanfordMan
Tourer
Default EZ-UP Center Stand vs Harley Center Stand

It sounds like the Harley Stand is difficult to install; whereas the EZ-UP Stand is very easy to install. Assuming that functionality is basically comparable between the two stands, I'm wondering if one looks better on the bike than the other. John (kb5rnl), since you apparently have experience with both stands, I'm wondering if you can tell me what you think of the looks of the two? The picture of the Harley Stand in the Harley accessories catalog (and online) looks like it has more chrome than the EZ-UP stand; and the EZ-UP stand has a longer foot bar that sticks out. How would you rate the appearance of the two stands? Do you like the looks of one versus the other? Putting cost and installation cost aside, if you were selecting the stand on looks alone, does one look significantly better than the other?

Old 11-09-2009, 12:27 PM
dstockton
Road Warrior

I've had both, the HD stand on my 06 Ultra and the EZ-UP on my current 09 Ultra. I took everything off the 06 to ebay except the center stand cause it is a pain to install or un-install, should have been designed differently. The EZ-UP is less noticeable than the HD stand because nothing comes up from the bottom of the bike. Notice the HD stand has a bracket that comes up to the swing arm bolt. Of course, you can see both stands under the bike from the right side. Sure the HD stand is chrome but it's all under the bike making it a pain to clean and look good. EZ-UP all the way for my money.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:50 PM
PTAG
Road Captain

You can't compare other years of bikes and stands to the 09 Harley stand. It's a different frame and stand.

I have the Harley stand on my 2009 Ultra Classic. It's not that big a deal to install. There is a plate on the bottom of your bike where the stand goes. It already has 3 holes to mount the stand. You simply hold the stand in place and tighten 3 bolts and nuts. The nuts are a little hard to get between the plate and the engine/transmission but it's just a 5 minute deal.

The stand is nicely tucked away where you can hardly see it but it's also a little hard to engage because of this. It rest about an inch from the exhausts so when you use you foot to bring the stand down you have to be careful not to touch the hot exhaust. The Harley is also fully adjustable; the other brand you mention is not. I have mine adjusted to just have the bike sit up straight. The feet can be screwed out further to raise the rear wheel off the ground. I just wanted the bike upright because I have another bike parked beside it.

Either stand will slip on smooth cement as found in many garages. I call the EZ stand folks before I bought the Harley stand and they said theirs does the same thing. They suggested a trip to the Home Depot and buy as thin a piece of rubber mat as I could find. I did that and duct taped it to my garage floor and now can drip off the stand.

I am sure both as good stands. I went with the Harley because of the adjustability and the ease of mounting on an 09, For those saying it's hard to mount; they must not have an 09.

Hope this helps.

PS. You don't have to remove anything on an 09. It's simply a 5 to 10 minute bolt job.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:39 PM
amckay63
6th Gear

After a lot of research and opinions, I decided the EZ was the way to go for me. If the HD is better for you.. great. But should the price make any difference? What's $70 when you're talking baout a $20,000 bike?

Quick Reply: EZ-UP Center Stand vs Harley Center Stand