Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loose ignition switch

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 04:50 PM
midnitewolf
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loose ignition switch

I have an 08 Street Bob and I noticed the switch is loose
in the frame . I twisted the outside trim ring with my fingers to snug it up some . What do I have to do to tighten it up?

Old 12-16-2009, 08:09 PM
jarhead45
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

harley special tool. get it done ....my bike started cutting out. Complete loss of power. I thought it was the loose swich, had to replace the ignition to solve the problem. You may or may not have a similar problem

Old 12-16-2009, 08:42 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Although my switch is on the tank,i still have the fork lock in that position. There is a decal covering two holes on the piece itself. peel the decal off carefully then use a pair of long nose pliers sticking one prong into each hole and turn the thing till it's nice and tight.I stuck My decal back on and so far it stayed ,this was back in june.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:23 PM
cactusred
Road Master
Received 160 Likes on 103 Posts

Hey bro, I just had my ignition switch out not 3 weeks ago it was sticking, and after the last year of spraying all my lube/graphite/sprays in there, I said F*^% it, it's coming out and getting it's act together, pumped the tumbler full of grease, now she's like new.Anyway, Like previous poster said, peel that round decal off and you'll see a collar with half dozen holes, take a screw driver or punch and a hammer and some little taps and you'll rotate the collar around to tighten it. However I destroyed my decal getting it off, I suppose I should of got my heat gun out, cooked the decal a little to soften the glue then it would of sprang off the fork, but no. It's okay, I bought a new one from the dealer for about a buck.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:35 AM
midnitewolf
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maddghost
Although my switch is on the tank,i still have the fork lock in that position. There is a decal covering two holes on the piece itself. peel the decal off carefully then use a pair of long nose pliers sticking one prong into each hole and turn the thing till it's nice and tight.I stuck My decal back on and so far it stayed ,this was back in june.

Thanks , after I thought about it for a minute I figured out the decal
pops off and from there I was good to go except the it took me another minute to figure out that it backs out to tighten the switch

Old 12-17-2009, 05:06 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by midnitewolf
Thanks , after I thought about it for a minute I figured out the decal
pops off and from there I was good to go except the it took me another minute to figure out that it backs out to tighten the switch
LOL same here! mine almost fell out when .....DoH! Glad you got it!