Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering Color-Matched Parts from Moco

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 04:11 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ordering Color-Matched Parts from Moco

The Moco website says to allow an average of five weeks for painting. Anyone here have any experience and does it really take that long?

Old 02-15-2010, 04:21 PM
db2753
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A few years ago I ordered color match spoiler from Zanoti's, it took about 2 weeks to get. About a month ago I ordered color matched lower fairings and that took about 4 weeks. Go ahead and order then forget about it and the next thing you know you'll have it.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by db2753
Go ahead and order then forget about it and the next thing you know you'll have it.
Thanks. I ordered a Tour Pak and some fairing lowers from Zanott's last week. Should have ordered sooner; was hoarding cash. Would like to have them for my trip to Daytona next month, but I'm not holding my breath.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:28 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

That's about right. I ordered a colored match king tour pak for cvo Road Glide. It took about 6 weeks to get it in. Well worth the wait & the paint was right on!

Good luck!

Old 02-15-2010, 04:28 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ktm_scott
The Moco website says to allow an average of five weeks for painting. Anyone here have any experience and does it really take that long?
I've ordered several color-matched parts, the quickest being fairing lowers (12 days) and the longest being the Tour Pak (28 days). These times include shipping from either IL or PA dealers to LA. My impression is that the speed depends on the popularity of your color, as I think they paint in batches, and the more popular colors cycle through the paint facility faster. I also understand that HD keeps no inventory on painted parts, so every thing is painted to order, although this may not be so. I would also imagine the time-of-year is a factor, but I wouldn't know if winter is slower or faster. All my purchases were made between Nov. and Feb.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Times vary, I orderd an inner fairing from Zanotti and it was at my door in exactly 3 weeks. I was lucky with that.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:49 PM
ENTERPRISE
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

been waiting for my 3rd inner and has been31/2 weeks.the first one cracked and the second came damaged and now waiting for the 3rd one.dealer said that they are not painted by harley and that is what the problem is with the shipping.they said it was the same company that does all of the custom paint sets.guess i'll just have to wait.good thing it is not summer time

Old 02-15-2010, 05:52 PM
NECaveman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The parts department manager told me it takes 6-8 weeks. I am waiting on the saddle bag and tour pak color matched spoilers.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:12 PM
stonesmith
Cruiser
Default color matched

took two weeks to get my lowers last month

Old 02-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Road Ranger
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered a color matched King tour pak for my 05 last year about this time and it only took 2 weeks to get it.

Quick Reply: Ordering Color-Matched Parts from Moco