Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Freedom Performance Exhaust

Old 03-29-2010, 01:35 PM
mikeault
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Freedom Performance Exhaust

I found some pretty inexpensive pipes from a company called Freedom Performance. I was wondering if anyone has seen / heard these, and/or has any feedback on them?
I'd like to put a full system on my sb, but don't want to pay out 500+ for it.

I've done some looking and haven't heard much good. Just wandering if anyone has.

Last edited by mikeault; 03-29-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:04 AM
harleychef2010
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a pair of slip-ons last week at Bike Fest and had them installed ($450). I actually really like them. They look fantastic and if I had to guess added about 20-30 decibles of sound...a nice deep rumble...not a "whap". They sound good when you throttle. I'm sure when I add an air cleaner and new headers (thinking about true duals, but seeing a lot of "cons" on doing so) to add some more noise and power. The salesman at HD said that all slip-ons are generally the same...go for the looks.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:01 AM
Denny69
Road Captain

Damn, $450 for slipons? If I was gonna do a slipon, I'd have to go CC for $200 at the most.

Old 10-09-2010, 05:26 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Denny69
Damn, $450 for slipons? If I was gonna do a slipon, I'd have to go CC for $200 at the most.
I am sure that they were around $200, willing to bet that the difference in the cost was the labor, it does say "installed".

Old 10-09-2010, 06:41 AM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Your not going to save any cash , based on the prices on their web site .

Old 10-09-2010, 08:32 AM
ak47dennis
Cruiser

Originally Posted by blueangel73
I am sure that they were around $200, willing to bet that the difference in the cost was the labor, it does say "installed".

Gezzz I would install mufflers all day long at $200-$250 a bike

Old 10-09-2010, 08:34 AM
ak47dennis
Cruiser

Originally Posted by mikeault
I found some pretty inexpensive pipes from a company called Freedom Performance. I was wondering if anyone has seen / heard these, and/or has any feedback on them?
I'd like to put a full system on my sb, but don't want to pay out 500+ for it.

I've done some looking and haven't heard much good. Just wandering if anyone has.

Their is a guy on ebay in Maryland that sells short shots from $325 -$400

Old 10-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Denny69
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ak47dennis
Gezzz I would install mufflers all day long at $200-$250 a bike
No doubt!!!!

Old 08-29-2011, 03:01 PM
chuckw
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Freedom Performance - poor quality shields

Just a heads up if you are in the market for new pipe for your ride.

I am saddened to have to report a very unsatisfactory customer service engagement with Freedom Performance Exhaust. I have a set of their chrome "Racing" true duals on my 2010 FLTRX. After a little over a year in service, all four welds on the right front center shield clamp failed. Soon after, all four of the forward clamp shield welds failed on the same shield (there are only three clamps per shield). Upon close inspection, the original tack welds were minimally acceptable from the manufacturer. If I re-weld the clamps to the shield, I would need to re-chrome the shield. $$$
I spoke with Scott in the Customer Service Department of Freedom Performance on a number of occasions. Sent in the obligatory photos and registered my displeasure with the performance of the shield clamps. In the end, my ONLY option was to purchase a new right side front shield for $400; or a new set, both shields for $450.
As a break-away company from another manufacturer, it would seems to me Freedom Performance needs to do it better and their products need to be of good quality and perform well. Don't get me wrong, Scott treated me courteously, but wouldn't stand behind their product. I am extremely dissatisfied the original clamp welds were of such poor quality and especially with their complete lack of interest in trying to make it right.
Needless to say, for a $900 exhaust system, I won't be ordering one replacement shield for $400 in the near future. Guess I'll ride without one so I get to share my story with others.

Bottom line, I DO NOT recommend Freedom Performance Exhaust Systems.
http://www.freedomperform.com

Old 08-29-2011, 03:20 PM
armykappasig
6th Gear

I have them on my Fatbob and I love em. No issues, or complaints. I get lots of compliments on them, as long black drag pipes are rare. And they are low in tone, buy do mellow out at highway speed.

http://www.freedomperform.com/shop/?...product_id=129

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Freedom Performance Exhaust