Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems since stage 1 ...HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:13 PM
The Ground Truth
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems since stage 1 ...HELP!!!!

I installed a stage 1 air cleaner, V&H short shots, and a PCV on my St. Bob about 2 months ago that was a package deal from fuel moto. I immediately noticed that my fuel consumption was alot higher but figured it was due to the mods. I really feel like 100 miles from full to in the red on the gauge is pretty poor mileage compared to the 150 I was getting before. Now my check engine light came on today and has not turned off. I did have the handle bars professionally swapped out yesterday but I don't think that could have anything to do with the engine light coming on. Is there something I could have done wrong with the stage 1 install that could result in this? It was a pretty straight forward installation and I didn't run into any problems when I was doing it. Any ideas or opinions would be greatly appreciated before I have to take the bike to the stealer to get looked at.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:45 PM
bqualls
Tourer
Default Problems since stage 1 ...HELP!!!!

Recommend you put the bike in Diagnostic mode and read the codes it's throwing as a first step. If you have the Electrical Diagnostic Manual, see Section 2. Otherwise, search the forum for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC). There are topics that will help you to read the codes through the Speedo.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:53 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

most likely the bar change, a short or somthing... check your codes and get back with us...

Old 04-22-2010, 09:14 PM
TXWARLOCK
Intermediate

Cant say about the check engine light.

But I did similiar mods, PC V, Stage 1 A/C, and V&H 2 into 1 pipes.

Milage now is 33 MPG with about 100 miles to red on the guage.

May need a new map from fuel moto.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:48 PM
The Ground Truth
Cruiser

I just ran the diagnostic test and came up with the code P0113. The thread I found the info in states these are the codes:
P0113I AT Sensor Voltage Open/High EFI
P0113I AT Voltage Open/High
I have no idea what that means so any help would be great. My code did not have a "I" at the end, just FYI. There were no other codes listed. Also thanks for this bit of tech knowledge I never knew about.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:08 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

My guestimate your pro installer may have pinched a wire putting your bars on. Your low fuel consumption could be you just need to reset the idle position by hooking up a computer to your bike. I've done it, fuel moto helped me through the procedure,and it is quite easy. You hook up the pcV module to your comp / laptop wtvr turn the ignition switch on,turn the run switch on and just twist the throttle from zero to full open one time and release. Then you choose save and exit, it really helped my mileage. Don't forget cold weather,I mean below 50 F begins to impact your mileage quite readily. There may be many factors. just call fuel moto and I'm sure the first thing they will say is reset your idle position.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:30 AM
The Ground Truth
Cruiser

Thanks madd

Any other opinions?

Old 04-23-2010, 07:03 AM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

How is the bike running - Good? Pull the spark plugs and see what they look like. If it's a nice medium brown, carry on. Black & caked with **** - FuelMoto will send you a new map.

Like someone else mentioned - I'd bet there was a (minor) mishap with the bar installation. Could be something pinched in the controls, where the wiring exits the bars into the controls, or even a wire not fully seated in the harness connections.

Did you add taller bars and the wiring harness had to be extended?

Old 04-23-2010, 07:27 AM
The Ground Truth
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Baeseman1
How is the bike running - Good? Pull the spark plugs and see what they look like. If it's a nice medium brown, carry on. Black & caked with **** - FuelMoto will send you a new map.

Like someone else mentioned - I'd bet there was a (minor) mishap with the bar installation. Could be something pinched in the controls, where the wiring exits the bars into the controls, or even a wire not fully seated in the harness connections.

Did you add taller bars and the wiring harness had to be extended?
I've only had it back a day but it seems to be running fine. Nothing feels off or different from when I turned it in. I just got spooked because the manual says turn it in to the bike shop if the light stays on. The dude who did the install did have to cut and soder the wires. I went from stock 10 inch mini apes to 14s. I'll give the shop a call today and see what they say. I will have to check the spark plugs tonight.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:58 AM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by The Ground Truth
The dude who did the install did have to cut and soder the wires. I went from stock 10 inch mini apes to 14s.
99.99% of the time you can trace a 'problem' to the last thing that was worked on. Too coincidental the engine light appeared the day after a bar switch. I'm curious to see what the guy says, but he should be more than willing to double check the housing/harness connectors.

Quick Reply: Problems since stage 1 ...HELP!!!!