Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage Softail, Quick Release Saddlebag brackets, Any experience or suggestions?

Old 05-14-2010, 08:08 PM
gs5849
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heritage Softail, Quick Release Saddlebag brackets, Any experience or suggestions?

I would like to install Quick Release Saddlebag brackets to my stock saddlebags, Any experience or suggestions?

Old 05-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,361 Likes on 2,616 Posts

Cyclevisions Barebacks. Least amount of added space between fender and bag.

http://www.cyclevisions.com/bag-mounting/barebacks/

Here's a link to the back of my Heritage.

Note that it does add a small amount of space, just enough to get rid of the horrible stock rear turn signal bar and replace it with a nice touring bar as I have done.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:59 PM
SoftailDon
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you lock them on?

Old 05-14-2010, 10:26 PM
JayDee5150
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got EZ Brackets...they do lock.

No pictures of the set up...sorry bud, but if you google them you should find a lot of pictures.

It is a very popular set up.

Old 05-15-2010, 04:47 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,361 Likes on 2,616 Posts

Everything's a trade off - EZ Brackets lock, but they don't deal with the lower support bar, so go figure.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:30 AM
rkeith01
Advanced

I've run the Cyclevisions Barebacks & they do increase the space between the bag & fender - more than I liked (actually have them for sale pm me if you are interested). I'm now running the Boss Bags quick release system this really closes the gap between the bag & the fender, so much so that it's hard to tell they're quick release - they are a very top quality system.

http://www.bossbags.com/

Old 05-15-2010, 10:02 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i use easy brackets forward mount to retail the turn signal brackets.

Attached Thumbnails Heritage Softail, Quick Release Saddlebag brackets, Any experience or suggestions?-dsc01011.jpg  
Old 05-15-2010, 08:50 PM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rkeith01
I've run the Cyclevisions Barebacks & they do increase the space between the bag & fender - more than I liked (actually have them for sale pm me if you are interested). I'm now running the Boss Bags quick release system this really closes the gap between the bag & the fender, so much so that it's hard to tell they're quick release - they are a very top quality system.

http://www.bossbags.com/
Could u post some pics of the boss bag setup with the bags on and show the distance on the fender... I also have the barebacks but if the boss bag setup is better I might switch over.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:43 AM
rkeith01
Advanced

Here's a comparison picture that I took while I was installing that illustrates the difference between the Boss Bags setup (left side of bike) vs the Cycle Visions Barebacks (right side) of bike. I'm also running the quick detach sissy bar so it can't fit in exactly flush to the bike.

Attached Thumbnails Heritage Softail, Quick Release Saddlebag brackets, Any experience or suggestions?-dsc01473.jpg  
Old 05-16-2010, 11:06 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rkeith01
Here's a comparison picture that I took while I was installing that illustrates the difference between the Boss Bags setup (left side of bike) vs the Cycle Visions Barebacks (right side) of bike. I'm also running the quick detach sissy bar so it can't fit in exactly flush to the bike.
Thanks a bunch rkeith... that is a big difference right there. Enough to make me want to switch over.

One more question... According to the website you don't have to state that your running a detacheable sissy bar. So I guess in short one size fit's all? Does it work well with your detacheable sissy bar?

GS, sorry for the thread hijack... but at least you get this information as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heritage Softail, Quick Release Saddlebag brackets, Any experience or suggestions?