Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Compass 2 inch wiring instructions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 06:29 PM
turboman
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Compass 2 inch wiring instructions?

I have a 2 inch compass road tech mounted on my 04 Fatboy. All parts were new with instructions. After meeting with the dealer, it appears there are NO instructions for the exact wiring for the compass. I can guess that it is hooked up to the headlight but would like to know if anyone knows for sure?

Old 04-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Beach Boy
Novice

I have one too. It came without wiring instructions. The dealer has no clue. the wiring diagram came with a bracket that is not available. Anyone have one?

Old 04-18-2010, 07:25 PM
turboman
6th Gear
Default Com[*** 2 inch wiring instructions

I guess the joke is on us. The mounts can be found on ebay, that's where I purchased mine. Parts guys at dealerships look at me like I'm stupid...which can sometimes be appropriate, but in this case it's because they've never seen one before! That's a clear indicator that HD figured out fairly quickly that this accy was a loser.

I have both the compass and tach mounted. I get positive comments from folks on how they look...of course, teh compass is not calibrated so it spins slowly all the time...it's just as well, I guess...for the most part I don't really care which way I'm going as long as I'm riding and not at work!!!!

Old 05-29-2010, 10:46 AM
johnalbert
Stage II
Default electric compass for harley

Say I bough one and yes no instructions. So I went to the dealer with
"part number" and he went on harleys site and downloaded the instruction for me.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:50 AM
johnalbert
Stage II

Originally Posted by Beach Boy
I have one too. It came without wiring instructions. The dealer has no clue. the wiring diagram came with a bracket that is not available. Anyone have one?
Hi I went to my harley dealer with pant number and he went on harleys dealer web site and downloaded the instruction.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:13 AM
turboman
6th Gear
Default 2 inch compass wiring

Fellow seekes of 'directions'
I had no trouble mounting or wiring the compass for 'power'. My specific problem is getting it wired so the compass can be calibrated. Mine just spins randomly just as the directions say it is supposed to do. The problem is my instruction sheet never explained specifically which wire gets 'spliced' to the hi/lo beam switch...and I decided not to 'guess'. If y'all have the info or know the sheet number for this info i'd appreciate it if you passed it to me.
Thanks A Million.God Bless our Fallen Warriors
De Oppresso Liber

Old 09-25-2010, 02:38 PM
turboman
6th Gear

So did y'alls compasses calibrate or what? Did the wiring diagram provided by the dealer require wiring through the hi/lo beam switch? Just following up. Thanks.